Mirth Community

Mirth Community (http://www.mirthcorp.com/community/forums/index.php)
-   Support (http://www.mirthcorp.com/community/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   Channel unable to handle Socket Reset exception (http://www.mirthcorp.com/community/forums/showthread.php?t=10096)

fasterlight 02-19-2014 08:08 PM

Channel unable to handle Socket Reset exception

Hi All,

The LLP receiver whom my LLP Sender is sending messages, uses a TCP RST packet to close the connection at a timeout. Although dirty at receiver end, but we have to work with it for now. The issue this: To recover from this, I have to redeploy the channel, each time Socket reset exception is thrown. So I would like to know is there a better way to recover from this without needing to redeploy the channel.

I have Keep Connection Open in LLP Sender set to : Yes

My mirth version is : 2.2.2.6388
Java version 1.7.0_25

Its Microsoft Windows 8 server.

Any pointers are appreciated.
-Thanks in advance

narupley 02-20-2014 06:52 AM

Why do you have to redeploy the channel? I'm assuming you don't have control over that LLP Server, but how exactly is that affecting your LLP Sender?

fasterlight 02-20-2014 07:27 AM

I am not able to reestablish connection without redeploying the channel. This is different from "Connection refused" where Mirth channel is automatically able to reconnect in next try. However when encountered with socket reset exception it remains in that state unless I redeploy.

narupley 02-20-2014 08:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fasterlight (Post 37688)
I am not able to reestablish connection without redeploying the channel. This is different from "Connection refused" where Mirth channel is automatically able to reconnect in next try. However when encountered with socket reset exception it remains in that state unless I redeploy.

Does the server only allow one client socket at a time? If so, you may be running into a situation where the socket is still in TIME_WAIT on the server side, and so you can't reconnect until that gets cleaned up. When that happens, instead of redeploying the channel have you tried just waiting a while and then sending another message?

fasterlight 02-20-2014 09:20 AM

You are right, Server only allows one connection at a time. The mirth channel I have continuously keep sending the messages unless its successful, so I don't WAIT and that actually may be that's why continually recurring Socket reset exception are not allowing it to clean up. I will see if I can find out what's the TIME_WAIT config at server end and then match sender to retry after that time only. Does that make sense ?

narupley 02-20-2014 09:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fasterlight (Post 37695)
You are right, Server only allows one connection at a time. The mirth channel I have continuously keep sending the messages unless its successful, so I don't WAIT and that actually may be that's why continually recurring Socket reset exception are not allowing it to clean up. I will see if I can find out what's the TIME_WAIT config at server end and then match sender to retry after that time only. Does that make sense ?

Sounds like a plan; you would probably want to use the Reconnect Interval for that (in 3.x it would be the Retry Interval on the Queue/Retry Settings).