Mirth Community - View Single Post - Requesting for help on HL7 --urgent
View Single Post
Old 03-13-2010, 01:31 AM
What's HL7?

mainak.paul is on a distinguished road
Post Requesting for help on HL7 --urgent

Hello All,

Greetings !
I am a novice to HL7 and only know few things about it(havenot worked on any Interface Engines nor Interface Implementations).
I had been lookings through various forums and all of them suggested and advised me about MIRTH.

So, I need all your help in guiding me in learning and mainly starting to work on HL7 Interface Integration between two disperate clinical applications.

Its something like this ,let me explain my query with an example.

"We have a Epic HIS system that places orders(lab,medications..etc) presently.Now,next these lab orders are to be verified and resulted in
a seperate Cerner application.

For this,what i understand is there has to be a INTERFACE ENGINE which has to read the HL7 messages coming from the EPIC system and
translate them to proper messages for the Cerner SYSTEM and then write into their database.

So,could you please explain me with an example about how an interface engine is implemented which reads the HL-7 messages first and translates them
to Cerner application format.

How will i implement a Interface Engine here which would read the EPIC data?

What steps are involved? An example would be best.

Mainly,orders are first placed in EPIC and is to resulted in Cerner applications.

**PLEASE PLEASE help me with understanding the process,and how to do interface intregation with an Interface Engine?

I am very much looking forward to your help and support.

Thanks
Mainak