web stats
Mirth Community - View Single Post - Database Reader Thread Count
View Single Post
Old 04-20-2017, 01:54 PM
OBX.1 Kenobi

collinsmj is on a distinguished road
Default Database Reader Thread Count

Issue at hand: I need to send hundreds of thousands of records from a database over an MLLP network connection to a remote server. We have to convert each DB record into a HL7 v2.6 message prior to sending it over. My first 3 attempts that this take days at a time to process.

Mirth Version: 3.4.2
database: SQL SERVER

Connectors
------------------

Source Connector DB Reader:

Set to queue, respond before transformer, and no response.

I have a db reader polling every 10 seconds for rows of data where a single flag is set.

I currently have Max Processing Thread set to just 1.

Post Process SQL:
After each message is processed the flag is set to complete so this message will not process again.

Destination Connector: MLLP
There is only 1 connector

One of the transformer steps queries for more information to form repeating DG1 segments for a given encounter. This doesn't seem like a choke point but I want to mention this for completeness in case I am not understanding a vital point.

Connection is kept open.

Destination set to queue automatically and the number of threads are set to 10.

Questions
-----------
1.In dashboard view my destination queue is always reporting it is at 9. Source will be 0 to 3. How does that work? I have expected the source to be setting at my queue buffer size or have destination threads queue instead of each thread having 1 message waiting.

2. How does increasing the MAX Processing Threads on the source queue assist with overall channel through put. Please see this mirth connect thread from last year. I have toyed with this setting but see no difference.

3.How does having multiple destination queues help with throughput? I only have 1 destination over the network. I only ever see one message being processed in the dashboard messages view. I do not see 3 or 4 messages processing at a destination the same time.