web stats
Mirth Community - View Single Post - Database Reader Thread Count
View Single Post
Old 04-21-2017, 11:53 AM
Mirth Employee

narupley is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by collinsmj View Post
I increased the number of destination queues to 20 and increased the time out from 5 seconds to 9 seconds. The result was horrible. I started getting receiving the response, response timeout, connection refused, client refused connection errors. I am now trying to reduce the number of threads and parallel connections. I have had to increase the response timeout to 30 full seconds.

You seem to be correct in that the bottle neck is somewhere else. I am thinking destination system. The network response/message processing seems monstrously slow. But that is with multiple threads running.

Putting that aside, please clarify what i need to do to properly test the message blast. So far, I have downloaded and imported the channel you attached a few posts ago. I changed the <result/> XML Node to contain a message that would have come from the database. This will always be the same record. I used the same naming scheme the message format would have if it came out of the database. Is this all I need to do?
Yeah it certainly sounds like the outbound system you're interfacing with just cannot handle high volumes of messages.

Regarding the blaster channel, that sounds correct. I was just wondering if you had tested that out when your main channel had 1 processing thread, and tested it when your main channel had 10 processing threads. If you saw a significant increase in the rate the source queue grows, but did not see the same increase when you used the Database Reader, then it would have pointed towards a possible bottleneck with the connection to your external database, or the speed at which your database can read and return data. But it sounds like you've already shown that the issue isn't with your source database, but rather with the outbound system.

Nicholas Rupley
Work: 949-237-6069
Always include what Mirth Connect version you're working with. Also include (if applicable) the code you're using and full stacktraces for errors (use CODE tags). Posting your entire channel is helpful as well; make sure to scrub any PHI/passwords first.

- How do I foo?
- You just bar.