web stats
Mirth Community - View Single Post - Mirth 3.7 BUG - SFTP downloads slow down causing huge backlog
View Single Post
Old 05-03-2019, 11:21 AM
What's HL7?

HGMirth is on a distinguished road
Exclamation Mirth 3.7 BUG - SFTP downloads slow down causing huge backlog

I wanted to post this to the Mirth Jira but the signup link redirects to these forums.

A few weeks ago I upgraded Mirth from 3.6.1 to 3.7.0. Since then, we've had an intermittent issue where an SFTP results download channel would slow down to a crawl causing a huge backlog of unretrieved messages on the remote server.

The only workaround to this has been to completely restart the Mirth service. Changing thread counts, polling intervals, redeploying the channel, etc. have not helped.

I tried rolling back to the previous version by editing the version number in the SCHEMA_INFO table and re-running the 3.6.1 installer, but following that, many of the channels refused to deploy, being reported as invalid, even though as far as I can tell, there were no actual schema changes between the two versions. I ended up having to roll forward, back to 3.7.0.

I'm not sure how to consistently reproduce the issue since the service runs fine for several days before this happens. This is a large instance with hundreds of channels so maybe there's some cumulative effect that triggers this.

Any thoughts on how to fix, roll back or get someone to look at this bug?