web stats
Mirth Community - View Single Post - Getting "Could not retrieve database metadata" for Oracle DB Writer/Reader
View Single Post
Old 08-27-2012, 09:08 PM
OBX.2 Kenobi

ami199102 is on a distinguished road
Thumbs up

Quote:
Scenario 1

I attempt to connect to the Mirth Connect Backend Database Schema "MIRTHDB". This test is used to confirm that the Database Reader will connect to an Oracle DB. However, this is not the DB that I want to read from.

Driver: Oracle
URL: jdbcracle:thin:@icweb002:1551:icdvb1
Username: MIRTHDB
Password: *******
Use Javascript: NO

When I click on SELECT to generate my SQL, and then click on GET TABLES to present the list of available tables, the connection is SUCCESSFUL and I am presented with a list of tables and their columns.
here database is icdvb1

Quote:
Scenario 3

I created a new DB user called TESTDB in a DIFFERENT database on a DIFFERENT server from the MIRTHDB user. The TESTDB user has same configuration as the original MIRTHDB user, with the same privileges. DB ROLES assigned include:

CONNECT
RESOURCE
SELECT_CATALOG_ROLE

The Database Reader connection parameters are:

Driver: Oracle
URL: jdbcracle:thin:@icweb001:1551:icdvb1
Username: TESTDB
Password: *******
Use Javascript: NO

I have confirmed that the URL is correct and is accessible from other tools (e.g. Oracle SQL Developer) using that syntax.

When I click on SELECT to generate my SQL, and then click on GET TABLES to present the list of available tables, I am presented with the error:

Could not retrieve database metadata. Please ensure that your driver, URL, username, and password are correct.
here u have mentioned that you have created the user(TESTDB) for different database(name not mentioned), then my question is how come you can access the details of database icdvb1 with the user created for other database.. pls be clear with your question. I am confused.