Mirth Community - View Single Post - NHIN Connector
Thread: NHIN Connector
View Single Post
Old 11-01-2011, 02:14 PM
What's HL7?

dpedrelli is on a distinguished road
Default NHIN Connector

Hi,

I was assigned to implement CMS's esMD initiative to submit medical records to CMS electronically.

I installed Mirth Connect and the NHIN Connector does not appear to be part of the installation. Is this a commercial only option?

I have PDFs stored on an NTFS filesystem and cataloged in a SQL table, with the filename and path. I do not need any querying. As the initiator, I want to perform a deferred submit of PDFs to CMS over the NHIN. There will be two confirmations of document receipt. When the confirmations are received, I want to record them in a SQL table linked to the original file.

How do I tell Mirth Connect to transmit a file? If I create a channel with a source connector type of database reader, will Connect periodically poll the table, or do I have to use Web Services to tell Connect to send the files?

I assume that I will create a second channel to handle the deferred ACKs confirming file receipt, correct?

Should I use my first channel with two destinations, one destination transmits the file, and the second destination records the transmission in my SQL table? Then, I use the second channel to record the replies to my transmission into the same table?

Thanks,

David