web stats
Mirth Community - View Single Post - Mirth DataWriter does not connect with Oracle 11g
View Single Post
Old 11-01-2016, 12:36 PM
OBX.1 Kenobi

itsjohn is on a distinguished road
Post Mirth DataWriter does not connect with Oracle 11g

Hi All,

Oracle Database 11g Express Edition Release 11.2.0.2.0 - 64bit Production
Mirth Connect Server 3.4.2.8129 64bit
Java version: 1.8.0_111

I am unable to connect to an Oracle Database 11g Express. I have installed Oracle Express Edition and the TNSNAMES.ORA contains an entry like this:
XE = XE =
(DESCRIPTION =
(ADDRESS = (PROTOCOL = TCP)(HOST = username-txl.city.corp.company.com)(PORT = 1521))
(CONNECT_DATA =
(SERVER = DEDICATED)
(SERVICE_NAME = XE)
)
)

I am using a Database Writer with connection string with the service name in the connection template (Javascript disabled):
jdbcracle:thin:@(DESCRIPTION=(ADDRESS=(PROTOCOL= TCP)(HOST=username-txl.city.corp.company.com)(PORT = 1521))(CONNECT_DATA=(SERVICE_NAME=XE)))

When i click on the insert=>get tables i do not get any errors and neither does the table list fetched. Same happens when i use the SID or DB name: xe using connection string:
jdbcracle:thin:@username-txl.city.corp.company.com:1521:xe (or XE)

I tested the connection string with a Database Reader (Javascript disabled) and on clicking Select button, it doesnt fetch the tables but if I use a SELECT statement it works. Just wanted to know why the fetching of tables doesn't work.

As part of this question, I also wanted to know if Oracle data types like blob and XMLTypes are supported in Mirth Connect.

Can anyone help me with this issues? Thanks in advance!

Last edited by itsjohn; 11-01-2016 at 12:44 PM.