web stats
Ftp/sftp - Mirth Community

Go Back   Mirth Community > Mirth Connect > Support

Old 04-26-2012, 03:45 PM
Mirth Guru

GregD is on a distinguished road
Default Ftp/sftp

We have a server not on our domain which is set up as a FTP site for people to send us files. We get files on it all the time and have for 4 or 5 years. I want Mirth to read those files from 1 of the ftp folders. I mapped a drive letter on the Mirth server to the other server, but Mirth would read from it. I also tried using the //ip addrees/drive/folder/ in Mirth, but it still could not connect to the drive.

The folder I'm trying to connect to on the FTP site is set up for SFTP and I can connect to it using CoreFTP from the server running Mirth. In CoreFTP the type of connection is SSH/SFTP and I can connect and read and write files.

When I try to create a sftp file reader source from Mirth it can not connect. I have the correct IP address and username and password. Just as in CoreFTP I do not set a default folder. The username on the site sets the root folder.

When I change it to ftp reader it can connect, but the channel never reads files. There are 2 test files in the sftp folder but they never get read.

As a test I changed the channel to a local file reader and a sftp writer, to see if I could write to the ftp folder. Again, it will connect to the folder under ftp, but not under sftp. I deployed the channel as ftp and passed the file reader source a file. The counters increment and I receive no errors. From the Channel Messages window it says the file was successfully written to the ftp site.

I then changed the reader to a non-sftp site on the same server. This is a ftp site we receive daily files for for years. I changed the ip address to the external ip address (before I was using 192.168.x.x) and the username and password for the site. I connect with CoreFTP and send a file and it shows up. I tried it with Mrith and it says it went but the file never shows up.

I remote in to the server where the ftp folders are set up and there is no file to be found. It does not exist any where on the server.

I'm stumped.

Greg
Old 04-26-2012, 04:23 PM
Mirth Guru

GregD is on a distinguished road

I got it to work. I did need to add in the folder on the site in Mirth, even though I didn't need to do that in CoreFTP. Mirth still won't connect using sftp but only ftp. CoreFTP is just the opposite. It will only connect using sftp and not ftp.

Greg