web stats
Nagios / Icinga Monitoring - Mirth Community

Go Back   Mirth Community > Mirth Connect > Support

Old 04-29-2012, 02:09 PM
OBX.3 Kenobi

seaston is on a distinguished road
Default Nagios / Icinga Monitoring

Hi,

Has anyone out there done any work on nagios plugins to monitor mirth queued messages or errors that they would be willing to share?

Thanks.
Old 04-30-2012, 05:26 PM
OBX.2 Kenobi

glenn71 is on a distinguished road

I have a perl script that uses snmp polling to check for errors, number of queued messages & inactivity on a channel (nothing received after x minutes). This relies on the appliance however (uses the appliance mib). Happy to share if it helps.. it executes a bash script for alerting so I guess you could modify this to integrate with nagios.
Old 05-07-2012, 11:20 PM
OBX.3 Kenobi

seaston is on a distinguished road

Thanks glenn71 but it probably won't help us here. We don't have the luxury of the appliance which would be easier to monitor via snmp. I have a perl script that runs psql queries to check the counters for queued and errored messages, but it's not very sophisticated and just wondered if there was anything out there before I put in more work.
Old 09-22-2013, 07:13 AM
What's HL7?

Piripera is on a distinguished road

Hi glenn71. I'm looking for a kind of nagios script to monitoring the mirth appliance. Can I ask you to share the script to do some test. Thanks a lot in advance
Old 09-26-2013, 08:27 AM
Mirth Newb

meraj is on a distinguished road

If you want to do active monitoring, polling the Mirth DB is probably the easiest way to get info on channels, alerts, exceptions, etc. The tables CHANNEL_STATISTICS and EVENT will be useful for this information.

I also devised a way of doing it passively if you don't have access to the Mirth DB using the status and statistics controllers:

http://www.mirthcorp.com/community/w...us+Controllers

It took a lot of trial and error to figure out how to make it work just right, but you can get at least the status of the channels channel message statistics with this method. Create a channel that poll these controllers and then use some passive method of sending the check result to Nagios. You could call send_nsca (if you have permission to execute commands), or use the HTTP Sender in the destination connector in conjunction with NSCAweb.

Tags
icinga, monitoring, nagios