web stats
Mirth as a passthrough - Mirth Community

Go Back   Mirth Community > Mirth Connect > Support

Old 04-27-2012, 07:16 AM
OBX.1 Kenobi

johnvoigt is on a distinguished road
Default Mirth as a passthrough

I have 2 instances of mirth on 2 different domains. What I am trying to do is send messages from an instance of mirth on box A to the instance on machine B (which is open to the internet). I'd then like B to send that message to an external IP address, take the ACK it gets from that outside IP, and pass it back to instance on machine A that sent the origional message so that Mirth on A can handle the ACK.
I am sure this is not a difficlut process but I am unsure of how to set the channels up on Machine A and Machine B

* It should be noted that I am able to connect A to B through a TCP Listener/Receiver on the 2 machines and to the External from the B machine.

Thanks for any help
John
Old 04-27-2012, 07:38 AM
Mirth Guru

asulis is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi john,
I think that the most important thing is to take care about the ack back-processing. I think taht the best way to do this is to catch at postprocessing level of the channel B the ACK coming from outside, using the responseMap object; then, save this ack in a global object (i think that both reponseMap or also globalChannelMap objects are OK). Suppose you called this object response: then, go to tyhe source of B, enable the custom ack response property and choose "response" from the combo box. In this way, you answer to A with the ACK cought from outside.

Hope this helps,
Alessandro
Old 04-27-2012, 09:12 AM
OBX.1 Kenobi

Thanks for the help.

I am a bit unclear maybe.
So concerning the 2 channels, what kind of connections should be between the two? I am assuming TCP listener and TCPsender? And what types of settings should there be as far as the listener and sender go?

I'm not very well versed in the responceChannel variables and how they work

Thank you all again,
John
Old 04-30-2012, 06:15 AM
Mirth Employee

narupley is on a distinguished road

On box B, set up the postprocessor of your TCP Listener channel so that it catches the response from the outbound client and puts it in a custom response:

Code:
responseMap.put('ACK',ResponseFactory.getSuccessResponse($r('Destination 1').getMessage()));
Then in your source connector settings, choose to respond from the map variable you just created. Now, box A will receive the response from the external server, as if box B was the external server.
Old 05-03-2012, 08:02 AM
OBX.1 Kenobi

Thanks you both but I still seem to be having issues with the "passthrough" channel on box A. I wondered if someone could show me a sample channel that could be a template of sorts. If I take the pass-through out of the equation of course everything seems to work fine. The issue is when i set it up, it does not seem to handle
Attached Files
File Type: xml ADTMessagesPassthrough.xml (6.9 KB, 13 views)
Old 05-04-2012, 02:04 AM
Mirth Guru

asulis is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi, I have noticed that in your destination connector you have the "ignore response" flag checked....try to uncheck it. Another hint: if you are working with HL7 message, it should be better to use the LLPs source and destination connectors instead of the TCPs.