web stats
filters before transformers? or, deleting segments? - Page 2 - Mirth Community

Go Back   Mirth Community > Mirth Connect > Support

Old 11-16-2011, 12:20 PM
OBX.1 Kenobi

duggram is on a distinguished road

Is there a reason that you can't use one of your XML files as a template? You can use one in the source filter and any transformer (source or destination) steps. Then it's just a drag and drop process to create a simple filter in Rule Builder or use JavaScript. The same can be done in a transformer.

In your destinations you can use an XML file formatted like the one you want to deliver as a template in the "Outbound Message Templates" to again make the process drag and drop. Now you can use the Message Builder or JavaScript to transform you message as you wish.

The router I was referring to is the Message Router pattern. It's implemented in Mirth with channel writers and listeners. It spreads all the operations out if you have multiple filter/transformer requirements. The router Java object doesn't offer the same visual pattern representation or opportunity for transformations.
Old 11-17-2011, 09:01 AM
OBX.1 Kenobi

DavidL is on a distinguished road

I'm just showing the XML because that's what I see from msg.toString(). I think what I have now will work, thanks.

I've discovered, however, that when routing to a separate channel I seem to lose some metadata, e.g. in the destination channel dates seem to have been transformed to strings.
I don't know for sure that this is going to be an issue. If it does, I'll probably just serialize the message payload as JSON and deserialize it in the destination channel.

Tags
delimited, filter, segment, transform