web stats
Connect to Mirth Postgres with pgAdmin - pg_hba.conf - Mirth Community

Go Back   Mirth Community > Mirth Connect > Support

Old 11-17-2010, 07:09 AM
OBX.3 Kenobi

metropath is on a distinguished road
Default Connect to Mirth Postgres with pgAdmin - pg_hba.conf

I'm new to Postgres. Where is the location for pg_hba.conf on a Mirth appliance? I need to get access to the DB from pgAdmin and need to grant DB access to my host/username.

When using pgAdmin, this is the error:

Access to database denied
The server doesn't grant access to the database: the server reports
FATAL: no pg_hba.conf entry for host "172.29.125.165", user "MirthUser", database "postgres", SSL off
To access a database on a PostgreSQL server, you first have to grant primary access to the server for your client (Host Based Authentication). PostgreSQL will check the pg_hba.conf file if a pattern that matches your client address / username / database is present and enabled before any SQL GRANT access control lists are evaluated.
The initial settings in pg_hba.conf are quite restrictive, in order to avoid unwanted security holes caused by unreviewed but mandatory system settings. You'll probably want to add something like
host all all 192.168.0.0/24 md5
This example grants MD5 encrypted password access to all databases to all users on the private network 192.168.0.0/24.
You can use the pg_hba.conf editor that is built into pgAdmin III to edit the pg_hba.conf configuration file. After changing pg_hba.conf, you need to trigger a server configuration reload using pg_ctl or by stopping and restarting the server process.
Old 09-19-2018, 12:47 PM
OBX.3 Kenobi

metropath is on a distinguished road
Red face Think I went a different direction

I think in order to get this to work, I ended up using a different client to connect to Postgres. It seemed pgAdmin was problematic for me. Unfortunately, I don't remember which product I ended up using because after that little query and project I was working on back then, I haven't needed access to the Mirth DB.

Good luck, sorry I don't have more info for you, but there is no reason you shouldn't be able to access the DB and tables you need.

Thanks!