web stats
Message Queue - on failure - Mirth Community

Go Back   Mirth Community > Mirth Connect > Support

Old 02-22-2016, 08:12 AM
Mirth Guru

AlexNeiva is on a distinguished road
Exclamation Message Queue - on failure

Mirth Version: 3.3.1.7856

I've a channel that i send a message to it's destination, and when it fails i want to that message be queued. Queued messages on Mirth are resend untill message it's sents correctly. My question is how can i do so on first attempt on failure messages goes to a queue but retry sent just for 3 times and them put them on error.
How can i do it? can sent somes channels example?

Thanks
Old 02-22-2016, 08:22 AM
Mirth Employee

narupley is on a distinguished road

As long as you have the queue enabled (On Failure or Always), the message will be queued if it fails to send. Depending on the connector though, some messages may get forced to ERROR. For example if you're using a TCP Sender for HL7 messaging and you receive an AR NACK, then by default the message will error out. You can modify the response validation properties, or you can use a response transformer to force the message to queue whenever you want.

Nicholas Rupley
Work: 949-237-6069
Always include what Mirth Connect version you're working with. Also include (if applicable) the code you're using and full stacktraces for errors (use CODE tags). Posting your entire channel is helpful as well; make sure to scrub any PHI/passwords first.

- How do I foo?
- You just bar.
Old 02-23-2016, 02:08 AM
Mirth Guru

AlexNeiva is on a distinguished road

But for example, if i'm trying to send an XML file to a path that is correctly unavailable or not exist, if i put my message on a queue what can i do to when it trys to resend 3 times then "stop" to send and put on error instead infinite resend?
Old 02-23-2016, 06:46 AM
Mirth Employee

narupley is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexNeiva View Post
But for example, if i'm trying to send an XML file to a path that is correctly unavailable or not exist, if i put my message on a queue what can i do to when it trys to resend 3 times then "stop" to send and put on error instead infinite resend?
If that's what you want to do, then turn queuing off, and instead set a retry count of 3.

Or if you still want everything to happen asynchronously, switch the queue to Always, and in the response transformer you can force the message to ERROR if the send attempts are above a certain threshold:

Code:
if (responseStatus == QUEUED && connectorMessage.getSendAttempts() >= 4) {
	responseStatus = ERROR;
}
In that latter case you will want to set the response data types to Raw to ensure that the response transformer will run even when there's no response.

Nicholas Rupley
Work: 949-237-6069
Always include what Mirth Connect version you're working with. Also include (if applicable) the code you're using and full stacktraces for errors (use CODE tags). Posting your entire channel is helpful as well; make sure to scrub any PHI/passwords first.

- How do I foo?
- You just bar.

Tags
destination, failure, queue, queued, retry