web stats
Question on How to Send a v5010 X12 ACK (TA1) - Mirth Community

Go Back   Mirth Community > Mirth Connect > Support

Old 03-05-2014, 04:56 AM
What's HL7?

ryan3kgt is on a distinguished road
Default Question on How to Send a v5010 X12 ACK (TA1)

I have created a channel (see attached) that will parse a 271 into a custom XML. Everything is working correctly. However I am having trouble sending the ACK (in this case it's a v5010 X12 ACK which would be a 'TA1.') I have set up several HL7 channels and the Mirth engine itself auto-generates and sends the HL7 ACK just fine. Does the X12 message type not work the same way? If anyone knows how to send the TA1 please let me know. Thanks in advance.
Attached Files
File Type: xml _271ToXMLChannelTemplate.xml (31.9 KB, 36 views)
Old 03-05-2014, 07:23 AM
Mirth Employee

narupley is on a distinguished road

That's right; currently only the HL7 v2.x data type supports auto-generation of ACKs. I'm not too familiar with X12 ACKs... can you give us some more information? How are they constructed? Can you show a sample inbound message, and what the resulting ACK should look like?

Nicholas Rupley
Work: 949-237-6069
Always include what Mirth Connect version you're working with. Also include (if applicable) the code you're using and full stacktraces for errors (use CODE tags). Posting your entire channel is helpful as well; make sure to scrub any PHI/passwords first.

- How do I foo?
- You just bar.
Old 03-05-2014, 08:57 AM
What's HL7?

Thanks for the quick reply. I understand now that I'll need to manually create the response. Attached is a sample 271 message and the expected TA1 response. I also put a link below to a state 270/271 companion guide; in case you want to see more details. Would you mind walking me through the steps to modify my channel to send the response? I believe I will need to just add the mapping for the response somewhere and then configure my channel to send the generated / mapped response. Since it's not like my HL7 channels I'm not exactly sure how to do this. I'm using Mirth Connect v3.0.1.7051. Thanks again.

http://www.state.in.us/isdh/files/IS...70-271V1_2.pdf
Attached Files
File Type: zip 271Example.zip (890 Bytes, 27 views)
Old 04-03-2014, 06:12 PM
Mirth Newb

srini,chillara

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryan3kgt View Post
Thanks for the quick reply. I understand now that I'll need to manually create the response. Attached is a sample 271 message and the expected TA1 response. I also put a link below to a state 270/271 companion guide; in case you want to see more details. Would you mind walking me through the steps to modify my channel to send the response? I believe I will need to just add the mapping for the response somewhere and then configure my channel to send the generated / mapped response. Since it's not like my HL7 channels I'm not exactly sure how to do this. I'm using Mirth Connect v3.0.1.7051. Thanks again.

http://www.state.in.us/isdh/files/IS...70-271V1_2.pdf
Hi Ryan

I am having a similar issue. Have you been able to fix the issue of sending an ACK for the X12 message.

thanks
Old 04-04-2014, 04:51 AM
What's HL7?

No, I hadn't heard back yet with any additional information on how to proceed. I understand I'd have to map the fields from the inbound and create my own response message. I just haven't gotten back to this project yet to figure it out myself and haven't heard from anyone else here who would provide an already coded response for me to use either.

Tags
271, ack, ta1, x12