web stats
need help: Convert HL7 message from DB reader to XML message send it DB writer - Mirth Community

Go Back   Mirth Community > Mirth Connect > Support

Old 03-02-2013, 11:54 AM
What's HL7?

empee is on a distinguished road
Post need help: Convert HL7 message from DB reader to XML message send it DB writer

I am a newbee to Mirth interface development. I have been working on this and I could not figure out how to accomplish this.
Requirement:
I have HL7 ORU message in SQL server 2008 database. I would like to use following SQL statement to retrieve the data:
SELECT MessageControlID, ReceivedHL7Message from HL7Orders Where IsProcessed=0

(I need the MessageControlID to update it as processed after the messages is successfully transformed.)

Then I have to translate the ReceivedHLMessage to XML message and save it back to HL7XMLOrders table.

How can I map the ReceivedHLMessage to msg object and transform it to XML.

When I try I keep getting the following error:
Code:

ERROR 2013-03-02 15:34:44,723 [ae1439ed-c9d9-44fe-b107-d101352950ce_source_connector._jdbcEndpoint#-499212567.receiver.1] com.mirth.connect.connectors.jdbc.JdbcMessageReceiver: Error in channel: HL7DBconverter
org.mule.umo.transformer.TransformerException: Failed to parse result map
 at com.mirth.connect.server.mule.transformers.ResultMapToXML.doTransform(ResultMapToXML.java:93)
 at org.mule.transformers.AbstractTransformer.transform(AbstractTransformer.java:197)
 at org.mule.impl.MuleEvent.getTransformedMessage(MuleEvent.java:251)
 at org.mule.routing.inbound.SelectiveConsumer.isMatch(SelectiveConsumer.java:61)
 at org.mule.routing.inbound.InboundMessageRouter.route(InboundMessageRouter.java:79)
 at org.mule.providers.AbstractMessageReceiver$DefaultInternalMessageListener.onMessage(AbstractMessageReceiver.java:487)
 at org.mule.providers.AbstractMessageReceiver.routeMessage(AbstractMessageReceiver.java:266)
 at org.mule.providers.AbstractMessageReceiver.routeMessage(AbstractMessageReceiver.java:229)
 at com.mirth.connect.connectors.jdbc.JdbcMessageReceiver.processMessage(JdbcMessageReceiver.java:180)
 at org.mule.providers.TransactedPollingMessageReceiver$1.doInTransaction(TransactedPollingMessageReceiver.java:98)
 at org.mule.transaction.TransactionTemplate.execute(TransactionTemplate.java:72)
 at org.mule.providers.TransactedPollingMessageReceiver.poll(TransactedPollingMessageReceiver.java:104)
 at org.mule.providers.PollingMessageReceiver.run(PollingMessageReceiver.java:97)
 at org.mule.impl.work.WorkerContext.run(WorkerContext.java:290)
 at edu.emory.mathcs.backport.java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1061)
 at edu.emory.mathcs.backport.java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:575)
 at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
Any examples on how to accomplish it. Your help is really appreciated.
Thank you.
Old 03-17-2015, 04:24 AM
What's HL7?

kkrgr8 is on a distinguished road

Howdy !

I am listing the steps to solve your problem

1) create a channel, source connectype -> database reader execute your query

(SELECT MessageControlID, ReceivedHL7Message from HL7Orders Where
IsProcessed=0)

2) goto source transformer and create 2 steps one type will be javascript writer and other one is mapper

3) In javascript step process hl7 message with msg['ReceivedHL7Message'].toString(); // here u can convert using this function SerializerFactory.getSerializer('HL7V2').toXML(mes sage);

4) In mapper create variable with msg['MessageControlID'].toString(); // eg varibale name messid

5) goto destination connector type -> database writer.
And paste the following query

Update HL7Orders set IsProcessed= 1 where MessageControlID= ${messid};

By these steps you can process hl7 message from DB and also update it back.

Thanks

Last edited by kkrgr8; 03-17-2015 at 04:50 AM.

Tags
database reader, databasewriter, failed to transform, hl7 to xml