web stats
Unable to Generate Dynamic Response Content Type in HTTP Listener - Mirth Community

Go Back   Mirth Community > Mirth Connect > Support

Old 05-19-2015, 11:49 AM
Mirth Newb

ohollarens is on a distinguished road
Question Unable to Generate Dynamic Response Content Type in HTTP Listener

Hi there,

I'm currently using an HTTP listener to basically pretend to be a full fledged SOAP service. This requires parsing through the message to grab out some values and craft a dynamically generated "ContentType" HTTP header for my response. From this forum post, it sounds like it's possible to put a variable onto the response or channel map in the source transform and just reference it in the HTTP listener's "Response Content Type" (e.g. ${contentType}).

This seems like it's almost working as long as I put the contentType variable in the globalMap, but I'm still having issues. It seems like Mirth is doing some kind of evaluation or splitting on the string variable that I reference inside the Response Content Type box instead of just accepting it as provided. I'm attempting to pass this in:

Code:
multipart/related;type="application/xop+xml";start="<http://example.org>";boundary="91fe6274-2b43-461a-aab7-b0335bfbcdb4";start-info="application/soap+xml"
but Mirth seems to be parsing that string and ends up only keeping "multipart/related" and ditching the rest. Is there a way to get it to just trust the string I'm passing to it instead of attempting to evaluate it?

I'm on Mirth 3.2.1.7650. I'll attach the channel XML as well.

Thanks for the help
Attached Files
File Type: xml HTTPListenerSOAPResponse.xml (94.1 KB, 40 views)

Last edited by ohollarens; 05-20-2015 at 09:19 AM.
Old 05-20-2015, 09:20 AM
Mirth Newb

If anyone's able to offer some insight into this, I'd really appreciate it. Please let me know if I can offer any more information.

Last edited by ohollarens; 05-20-2015 at 02:32 PM.
Old 05-20-2015, 12:24 PM
Mirth Employee

narupley is on a distinguished road

This appears to be a couple of bugs, which I've created an issues for: MIRTH-3718, MIRTH-3719

In the meantime it should still work if you put that variable in the global channel map instead, and then specifically include the charset parameter, like this:

Code:
multipart/related;type="application/xop+xml";start="<http://example.org>";boundary="91fe6274-2b43-461a-aab7-b0335bfbcdb4";start-info="application/soap+xml";charset="UTF-8"

Nicholas Rupley
Work: 949-237-6069
Always include what Mirth Connect version you're working with. Also include (if applicable) the code you're using and full stacktraces for errors (use CODE tags). Posting your entire channel is helpful as well; make sure to scrub any PHI/passwords first.

- How do I foo?
- You just bar.
Old 05-20-2015, 02:11 PM
Mirth Newb

That works like a charm. Thanks again for your help!

Tags
channel map, contenttype, http, response, response map