web stats
Channel Writer won't accept new variable - Mirth Community

Go Back   Mirth Community > Mirth Connect > Support

Old 06-08-2015, 07:31 AM
OBX.2 Kenobi

clinjohn is on a distinguished road
Default Channel Writer won't accept new variable

I'm trying to create a Channel Writer destination, and I want to send a file's original filename thru it to the next channel in the chain. In Channel Writer Settings I've been trying to add variable originalFilename in the Message Metadata section, but I can't get it to stick.

When I click on the New button, Mirth creates a default variable called Variable 1. If I replace this with originalFilename, I don't get the "Save Changes" choice in the Channel Tasks menu. I have to make some other arbitrary change to the channel to get "Save Changes" to appear. And even after I save my changes, the next time I open up the channel Destination tab, the variable has reverted to its default name of Variable 1 again. I should add that this doesn't appear to be universal. I have two channels that need this type of destination, and on the other channel I've successfully stored originalFilename, although it didn't take until I saved it a couple of times.

Have I hit a bug, or is something else going on?
Old 06-08-2015, 08:02 AM
Mirth Employee

narupley is on a distinguished road

Since you did not specify, I'll assume you're working with the latest version (3.2.1). I just tested it and everything appears to work fine.

Have you tried closing the Administrator, clearing your client-side Java cache, and then re-launching from the 8080 launch page?

Nicholas Rupley
Work: 949-237-6069
Always include what Mirth Connect version you're working with. Also include (if applicable) the code you're using and full stacktraces for errors (use CODE tags). Posting your entire channel is helpful as well; make sure to scrub any PHI/passwords first.

- How do I foo?
- You just bar.
Old 06-08-2015, 09:53 AM
OBX.2 Kenobi

clinjohn is on a distinguished road

Yes, version 3.2.1.

I found a different way to get around this. I created a new 2nd variable (with the default name Variable 2) and then changed the 1st default to originalFilename. After saving my changes I deleted the 2nd variable and saved again. This time the originalFilename designation stayed.

Tags
channel writer, metadata, variables