web stats
Sample SOAP Listener + Response Channel - Mirth Community

Go Back   Mirth Community > Mirth Connect > Development

Old 11-05-2015, 02:18 PM
Mirth Newb

ohollarens is on a distinguished road
Default Sample SOAP Listener + Response Channel

Hey everyone,

My company, OCHIN, recently needed to develop a channel which could interface with an external web service originating from the Allscripts product which was sending us CCDs. We don't have a real web service listener on our end, so we wanted to make Mirth pretend to be one well enough that the sending product would be happy with what it received back.

It needed to accept and decode the SOAP payload but, most importantly, it needed to return a response that the sender was happy with. This took a lot of trial and error, but we ended up with a channel template that is able to use an HTTP listener to accept the SOAP message and respond accordingly.

We wanted to share this work with the Mirth community to hopefully save people some time if they come across a similar problem.

One disclaimer: This was developed for Mirth 2.2.3.6825. It should upgrade fairly easily, but there may be one or two things which need to be hand tooled. I would have upgraded it before posting, but unfortunately haven't had time to do adequate testing.

I'll also upload it to my GitHub in case there are any issues with the attachment.

Please share any feedback or ask questions!
Attached Files
File Type: xml SOAPChannelExample.xml (89.0 KB, 347 views)

Last edited by ohollarens; 11-05-2015 at 03:16 PM.
Old 11-07-2015, 01:42 PM
Mirth Newb

Prolasis is on a distinguished road

Hi Thanks for the example . Did you try to create a custom web service for the CCD instead yet. I know most EMR's will require an XDS.b profile on the webserivce
Old 11-29-2015, 01:19 PM
Mirth Newb

ohollarens is on a distinguished road

Hey Prolasis,

We didn't put a lot of time into trying to create an actual web service because I was having trouble finding documentation for how to do it on Mirth 2 and, since we didn't have any need for a full fledged service apart from this, we decided that a one-off HTTP listener would be faster.
Old 04-15-2016, 12:52 AM
Mirth Newb

viewpoint is on a distinguished road

thanks so much. This solved my issue in getting empty responses.

With this example line in your channel I was finally able to parse my soap response correctly:

msg.*::['Body'].*::['ProvideAndRegisterDocumentSetRequest'].*::['Document'].toString();

Tags
allscripts, ccd, listener, soap