web stats
Error Description in Email - Mirth Community

Go Back   Mirth Community > Mirth Connect > Support

Old 08-10-2009, 06:08 AM
Mirth Newb

cmarchione
Question Error Description in Email

Does anyone know what I can use to capture the Error Description to send in an Email? I tried ${ERROR} and it prints "${ERROR}"...not the description. This is not an alert. I am using it as a destination on an Error Handling channel. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
Old 08-11-2009, 02:09 AM

albertosaez is an unknown quantity at this point

If you're using a email sender destination it's obvious you don't have the $ERROR var, as its only avaiable for alerts.

I suppose you've created an special channel to redirect all errors. So, you have to send the error description in the message. So, create a channel map with the content of the error and use it in the email sender template
Old 08-18-2009, 07:03 AM
Mirth Newb

cmarchione

I do have a specific Error Handler Channel that is being called from the post processor of another channel (It checks the status of the message, if it's FAILURE, then I route the message to the error handler). I don't know how to get "the content of the error" to pass to this error handler channel. I am currently passing the endoded data in order to grab specific fields for troubleshooting. I guess I need to know what is the equivalent of $ERROR for alerts to use in the channel? How do I pass the error description???
Old 08-24-2009, 11:12 AM
Mirth Guru

rts is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Postprocessor Error text

have you tried:
var responseVal = responseMap.get('DEST_NAME_HERE').getMessage();
Then append responseVal to the message you are routing to the error handler channel?
Old 11-23-2011, 06:24 AM
Mirth Newb

santony is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmarchione View Post
I do have a specific Error Handler Channel that is being called from the post processor of another channel (It checks the status of the message, if it's FAILURE, then I route the message to the error handler). I don't know how to get "the content of the error" to pass to this error handler channel. I am currently passing the endoded data in order to grab specific fields for troubleshooting. I guess I need to know what is the equivalent of $ERROR for alerts to use in the channel? How do I pass the error description???
Could you share the code that you used to redirect messages with error status?

Tags
email, error