web stats
CCD with Mirth - Mirth Community

Go Back   Mirth Community > Mirth Connect > Development

Old 06-14-2016, 02:15 AM
What's HL7?

Digvijay is on a distinguished road
Post CCD with Mirth

Is it possible to import a CCD HL7 file using Mirth-connect? I need to parse and upload the data in to my application database. Please let me know if anyone has done it before and how to do it.
I need to support all sections of CCD. It would be great if you could provide some sample channels.
I tried using MDHT, but landing up in multiple errors.

TIA!
Old 06-14-2016, 05:48 AM

mcalKno is on a distinguished road

Yes, this is certainly possible. What specific issues are you having?
Old 06-16-2016, 01:19 AM
What's HL7?

Question Recurring elements

I have used mirth connect with HL7 v2.
Now I am trying to use to receive and parse CCD. And to generate new CCD from database.
While parsing and creating CCD, I am not sure how to handle repeating segment/sections.

While parsing
1. How should I validate incoming CCD
2. Should I parse Header and other sections in separate channel or should I do it in a single channel?
3. Segments/nodes in header or sections like medications, allergies can repeat. If I am parsing a CCD in Mirth by using a predefined template, not sure how I am going to handle these repeating segments. There can be variable n number of nodes segments in practical use.
This applies to CCD creation also if we are using 'outbound template' feature of Mirth.

While generating CCD from DB
1. Shall I use different channels to format different CCD sections?
2. How do I handle heavy DB queries in Mirth.
Old 06-16-2016, 05:26 AM

mcalKno is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Digvijay View Post
I have used mirth connect with HL7 v2.
Now I am trying to use to receive and parse CCD. And to generate new CCD from database.
While parsing and creating CCD, I am not sure how to handle repeating segment/sections.

While parsing
1. How should I validate incoming CCD
2. Should I parse Header and other sections in separate channel or should I do it in a single channel?
3. Segments/nodes in header or sections like medications, allergies can repeat. If I am parsing a CCD in Mirth by using a predefined template, not sure how I am going to handle these repeating segments. There can be variable n number of nodes segments in practical use.
This applies to CCD creation also if we are using 'outbound template' feature of Mirth.

While generating CCD from DB
1. Shall I use different channels to format different CCD sections?
2. How do I handle heavy DB queries in Mirth.
What I typically do is receive in the CCD and handle filters and transformers on the destination.

-First, if there are any items, that if missing from the CCD will cause your system to error on importing, setup a filter for those. Use loggers to itemize for easier review.

-Second, I would handle everything in a single channel, but use different transformer steps to keep it clean and separated for easier review.

-Third, looping is done just like it is for HL7 for repeating sections, except you are going through XML tags. See below, this is a quick transformer I had to do recently for a repeating section. In this case, the performer section is repeated.

PHP Code:
for each(performer in msg['documentationOf']['serviceEvent']['performer'])
{

performer['assignedEntity']['representedOrganization']['name'] = performer['assignedEntity']['representedOrganization']['name'].toString().replace('&''and'); 

-Fourth, You can use a single channel. This would probably be easier to keep things together and for future troubleshooting purposes.

-Fifth, just remember to close your queries once finished with them.

I'm sure others may have additional or different input, but this should get you started.
Old 06-22-2016, 06:03 AM
What's HL7?

Thanks for you reply. This is definitely going to help.

Tags
ccda, hl7 v3