web stats
New here! Webserver question - Mirth Community

Go Back   Mirth Community > Mirth Connect > Support

Old 10-31-2017, 05:17 AM
What's HL7?

CraigUSACS is on a distinguished road
Default New here! Webserver question

I was demonstrating Mirth to my manager yesterday. I showed him how to launch the webstart application from the server on which Mirth is installed, and view the channels I've been working on. One question he asked was where the website is located on the server, and how is it being served up? We're used to working with Microsoft products and using IIS, but obviously this is something different.

I found the Mirth Connect folder in Program Files. Is the mcservice.exe the only thing that's running the webapp, and is it being run independently from other sites and app pools hosted by IIS? Any other components we're overlooking?
Old 10-31-2017, 07:38 AM
Mirth Employee

narupley is on a distinguished road

Mirth Connect runs as a completely standalone application. It requires only the Java Runtime Environment (JRE), which allows it to run on any Windows, Linux / *nix, OSX / macOS system, or really anything that can support Java (I even have it running on a Raspberry Pi).

The web server is currently also baked into the application as well, so it doesn't require any other hosting service like IIS, Tomcat, etc.

Certain configuration options can be changed in the conf/mirth.properties file, and documentation for those options can be found in the User Guide. By default the web server listens on 0.0.0.0 (all available interfaces) on ports 8080 and 8443 for HTTP / HTTPS traffic, but those hosts/ports can be changed.

The HTTP port is only used to serve up the 8080 launch page and also to serve up the JNLP and client-side JAR resources (those JARs are cryptographically pre-signed in the official distribution). The HTTPS port is used for all API traffic, which includes all traffic from the remote GUI Administrator to the server, the command line interface, and any third-party integration against the API. There are options in that properties file to tweak the HTTPS protocols and cipher suites, CORS headers, and other security-related options.

Nicholas Rupley
Work: 949-237-6069
Always include what Mirth Connect version you're working with. Also include (if applicable) the code you're using and full stacktraces for errors (use CODE tags). Posting your entire channel is helpful as well; make sure to scrub any PHI/passwords first.

- How do I foo?
- You just bar.