web stats
XDS.b attachments without map variables - Mirth Community

Go Back   Mirth Community > Mirth Connect > Support

Old 10-15-2018, 05:47 AM
OBX.1 Kenobi

jonathanlent is on a distinguished road
Default XDS.b attachments without map variables

Okay guys, I've wandered into a corner and am too dense to figure my way out of this one.

The new XDS.b listener in the interop suite does a find job of removing the attachments even with no attachment handler -- which is nice. However, because there is no handler, it does not reattach anything when I pass it on to the XDS.b sender.

What I would like to do is just put some replacement templates in the Attachment table under the MTOM settings. However, the only way I can get this to actually send the attachment is to pull the base64 encoded value into a map variable first and then provide that to the table. It's functional, but places and enormous object into the map and I would like to avoid that.

All this feels a little like I am making it more difficult than it needs to be, as I would think that using the XDS.b listener and sender as a pair was one of the prime use cases for these two connectors.

So, currently I have ${attachment_content} in the Content column of the destination XDS.b connector. What am I missing here?
Old 10-15-2018, 07:09 AM
Mirth Employee

narupley is on a distinguished road

Instead of putting the full Base64 content, you should be able to just use the attachment replacement token, like ${ATTACH:id}. In a transformer if you retrieve an Attachment object it'll have a getAttachmentId() method that returns you just that.

Nicholas Rupley
Work: 949-237-6069
Always include what Mirth Connect version you're working with. Also include (if applicable) the code you're using and full stacktraces for errors (use CODE tags). Posting your entire channel is helpful as well; make sure to scrub any PHI/passwords first.

- How do I foo?
- You just bar.
Old 10-15-2018, 10:59 AM
OBX.1 Kenobi

jonathanlent is on a distinguished road

So, this is where i join the "People Unclear on the Concept" club.

When Connect stashes the attachment, it assigns it a UUID as the identifier. I can get the value in code easily enough in a transform, but where my brain fails to make the leap is how to craft the Velocity template for the MTOM Content column.

Usually, some handler drops the ATTACH:id token into the message as a constant because it knows the value of the attachment id when it was created. The XDS.b listener doesn't do that here because the attachment came over via MTOM instead of having to be carved out of the body of the message by one of the handlers.

So, here is my quandary. If I have the attachment id and it is stored in a map variable as "attachment_id", what would the velocity template in the Content column look like? I've tried a bunch of permutations, even using #evaluate in one case, but the consistent result is that the template is sent as a literal instead of being evaluated.

I know I'm pushing on a door marked "Pull" here, but I just can't seem to make a and b connect today.
Old 02-14-2019, 11:25 PM
Mirth Newb

vignesh is on a distinguished road
Smile

Hi Jonathan,

I'm very curious on this issue. Any break through? If you had achieved it by any alternate ways. Please share your ideas.. Appreciate that!
Old 02-15-2019, 01:28 AM
Mirth Guru

agermano is on a distinguished road

You don't put the attachment_id in a chanelMap variable. You put it in the message where you want it to be replaced with the actual attachment.
Old 02-15-2019, 06:35 AM
Mirth Newb

vignesh is on a distinguished road
Smile

Can you please share a sample channel of XDS.b listener for sending out attachment in MTOM format.
Old 02-15-2019, 11:07 AM
Mirth Guru

agermano is on a distinguished road

I don't have those extensions, just letting you know how mirth attachments work. The attachment replacement token isn't a velocity variable. The token gets inserted into the message as if it were the attachment itself. You might want to read up on attachment handlers in the user guide, starting on page 158.