web stats
Limit the number of mappings - Mirth Community

Go Back   Mirth Community > Mirth Connect > Support

Old 07-28-2016, 07:07 AM
Mirth Guru

siddharth is on a distinguished road
Default Limit the number of mappings

I have a channel with 5 destination having 4 web-sender and 1 JS writer. The JS step is the one where the main processing happens.

Now, this setup is working fine. However, when I go into dashboard->channel->Mappings, I have like 30 odd mappings including 2 response Maps including Scope as Channel, Response, and Source.

This is though useful, It is ugly less secured as it contain authenticating username/password.

I would like to suppress the mappings on display. More specifically, I want to hide Channel Scope Mappings.
Is it Possible?

Also, On the similar note, I want to know what is the purpose of tags and custom metadata on the Summary page of the channel.?

Please advise.
Old 07-28-2016, 11:40 AM
OBX.3 Kenobi

jadams4 is on a distinguished road

you can use channel map variables to prevent the username/password from being visible within the channel.

the meta data on the summary page is where you can use the channel map variables you created to capture metadata in the dashboard view.

tags give a tag to the channel, that can be used in the dashboard to limit the channels you are viewing.

Check on the mirth wiki for details on all these
Old 07-29-2016, 02:50 AM
Mirth Guru

Exclamation

All of them are in the channel map already. I don't want them to be visible from dashboard. Please see attached for reference..

I want to hide all the variables inside that red box.
Old 08-01-2016, 10:23 AM
Mirth Guru

I got the answer from the Message Storage Settings in the summary tab. If we keep the Message Slider to Level 2 which is Raw, the mappings are completely hidden in the channel. All you will see is the Raw Message for re-processing. No behind the scene mappings are available for Display, which is nice like hiding the elephant in the room!

There is hair-like difference between Level 3: Production and Level 4: Development. There were less number of mappings on Level 3 then Level 4. I

Overall, Level 2 Raw to hide mappings from display.