web stats
Restarting Mirth Service requires a redeploy? - Mirth Community

Go Back   Mirth Community > Mirth Connect > Support

Old 12-02-2010, 09:17 AM
OBX.2 Kenobi

TMarz is on a distinguished road
Default Restarting Mirth Service requires a redeploy?

We have some older instances of Mirth Connect running (1.8.1 and 1.8.2) on a Linux box.
Because of the memory leak in mule with regards to permgen and heap space, we have a scheduled cronjob to stop and restart the mirth service every night.

I have noticed that after the mirth service starts, the channels do not become available until they are redeployed. You can log into mirth connect, but the dashboard is blank. You can ping the address but none of the ports will be listening on receiving channels.

Is this the way it is supposed to work?

I realize that I could just as easily put a redeploy following the start of mirth in cron, but that raises its own problems. Particularly because a redeploy called from the shell does not seem to be clean. That is to say, if a channel is in the midst of processing a message, mirth will not wait for it before forcing the redeploy and the message is essentially lost. It stays in a "transformed" state in the message browser and while it could be resent manually, I need it to be automatic.

Any thoughts?
Old 12-03-2010, 05:33 AM
OBX.3 Kenobi

john.newman is on a distinguished road

No, that is definitely not how it is supposed to work. A clean restart of the service will deploy the channels everytime. Are there any suspicious messages in the mirth logs?

As far as I know there is not a setting for that. Each channel has the "initial state" property which can be "started" or "stopped"; but even if you've chosen stopped there it will still deploy them, just not start. The dashboard will show them with the red stopped icon.

The only time I've seen a service restart not successfully deploy the channels is when the mirthdb is not available. If your DB is offline when you're restarting, it will come up blank like that, you'll see an error in the log about mule configuration, and then when you later redeploy with the DB online, they'll show up ok.
Old 01-31-2011, 03:49 AM
What's HL7?

balajik is on a distinguished road

Hey, r u able to solve this issue. If yes, please give me some details regarding this. I am also facing same problem.
Thanks in advance.
Old 08-30-2012, 06:55 AM
What's HL7?

jeffstain

Is there an easy way to check if the mirthdb is available on service restart or when channels are trying to deploy?