web stats
Need to get the kb size of a file - Page 2 - Mirth Community

Go Back   Mirth Community > Mirth Connect > Support

Old 09-13-2019, 07:00 AM
OBX.1 Kenobi

con is on a distinguished road

Sorry for beeing a noob on this agermano: I've gave the OUR-MIRTH-SST$ a permission to read on the share. now it works

I think with SMB and jCIFS might be another way, but now your solution work for me so far
Old 09-13-2019, 09:50 AM
Mirth Guru

agermano is on a distinguished road

If your company has a Windows security/admin team, you might want to check with them to see the recommended way to set up a service account that needs to access both local and network resources. There are multiple ways to do it.

If your mirth service is set up to log in as Local System, it will access network resources using the domain Computer Account for that server, which you can actually use when setting up the permissions. This could cause an issue if you upgrade to a different server, or are forced to leave and rejoin the domain for some reason, as that will create a new account. It is also the equivalent to running as root on a unix/linux based system.

Some people will create a domain user account and have the service log in as that user instead of Local System.

Another option is a Managed Service Account, which is also defined at the domain level, but used like a local service account (you don't need to worry about passwords.)
Old 09-16-2019, 01:08 AM
OBX.1 Kenobi

con is on a distinguished road

Thank you, I'll consider this with our Admin Team!