web stats
ActiveMQ Destination Name Mappings - Mirth Community

Go Back   Mirth Community > Mirth Connect > Support

Old 09-12-2011, 08:16 PM
What's HL7?

bwallis42 is on a distinguished road
Default ActiveMQ Destination Name Mappings

I'm new to Mirth, just started using it with version 2.1.1.

We have a jboss server (6.0.0.Final) with ActiveMQ for the JMS implementation (we have removed HornetQ). There is a single topic setup called topic/Incoming.

We configure the JMS Writer in the channel with the appropriate provider URL, Initial Context Factory, Connection Factory Name and Destination name.

But the only way we can get it to work is to also include a jndi.properties file inside a jar file (jndi.jar) in the custom-lib directory (as suggested in other forum posts). This file has the logical/physical name mapping property that ActiveMQ requires to be given to the InitialContext class when it is created.

> topic.topic/Incoming=topic.incoming

At first we thought you could set this in the "Additional Properties" table on the JMS Writer configuration page but these properties seem to apply to the ConnectionFactory, not to the InitialContext() creation.

There is a variable in JmsConnector called jndiProviderProperties that is used in the JmsConnector.initJndiContext() to supply additional properties for the "new InitialContext()" call but there doesn't seem to be a way to add property values to that variable (the set/get methods for this do not seem to be used from anywhere in the server code and it is not set inside the JmsConnector class).

So, my question is, is there a way to supply additional property values from the destination configuration to the InitialContext that is created in the JmsConnector class or are we stuck with the jndi.properties file and restarts every time a new topic/queue is added?

It would be great if there was a table of properties in the JMS reader/writer configuration screens for these InitialContext properties.

thanks
brian wallis...
Old 06-06-2013, 09:10 AM
What's HL7?

EdwardOst is on a distinguished road

Hi Brian

I am amble to start activemq 5.7 without using JNDI. Don't know if that is desirable in your environment. I am connecting to an external activemq JMS broker. In this case I am listening to an activemq queue.

I checked the No radio button for Use JNDI.
For ConnectionFactoryClass I used org.apache.activemq.ActiveMQConnectionFactory
If you google that class you can see its properties. The only one you need is brokerURL.

I set it to the default which I had configured for my activemq broker.
tcp://my.ip.address:61616

Hope this helps.

Ed
Old 06-06-2013, 09:15 AM
What's HL7?

EdwardOst is on a distinguished road

A few more notes which you probably know but may help and will make this self-contained.

I copied the activemq-all-5.7.0.jar to the custom-lib folder.
Old 10-23-2013, 06:24 AM
Mirth Newb

amith is on a distinguished road

Thanks. That really helped me get mine working. Please also note that once you copy the activemq-all jar file, you have to restart the mirth service and log back into the IDE or you get an activemq error.

Tags
activemq, jboss, jms