web stats
Connection reset by peer: socket write error Query: - Page 2 - Mirth Community

Go Back   Mirth Community > Mirth Connect > Support

Old 11-28-2011, 05:07 AM
What's HL7?

bckrbonsai is on a distinguished road

I am no expert, but here is a thought. Do you close your db connection after the query? If so, maybe you could leave it open (you'll have to change code to see if the connection is already open before reopening and querying). Just a thought.
Old 11-28-2011, 05:38 AM
OBX.2 Kenobi

Dagan is on a distinguished road

Thanks for your thought... but the connection is openned by Mirth and I have no control on it .
Old 11-28-2011, 06:51 AM
Level 85 Channel Wizard

Bostad is an unknown quantity at this point

I did a quick google check and everything I see points to either a paramater problem in your connection string, or that there's a setting on the server that needs to be checked.

If you try searching google with your specific db and setup you might find a more concise answer.
hl7coders.wordpress.com

Test all my code suggestions prior to implementation
Old 11-28-2011, 08:14 AM
OBX.2 Kenobi

I have been doing exactly this morning and I found this:

http://sumitpal.wordpress.com/2010/0...nection-reset/

Some of the things, this man is speaking about, are happening in our environment. So we have been testing the different solutions. We took out a second network card from the server (Virtual machine) that was not connected. Surprisely in the same moment we disconected the network card, all the channels gave the error ... so this seems to be good... or not .
Once we made this change, no channel has the I/O exception.

So we are waiting untill the night to see if this is a solution or not...
Old 11-28-2011, 08:47 AM
OBX.2 Kenobi

Five minutes ago I had the error in 4 of my channels...
Old 12-20-2011, 02:36 PM
OBX.1 Kenobi

ISpdxdc is on a distinguished road

I know this is an older post and you may have resolved your issue, but I had another thought. There are a lot of xml configuration files with Mirth for the database you are connecting to. I am using SQL Server. I went through and updated all the sql statements in those config files to use "with (nolock)" after all the table names. If you are running into contention with your queries back to your database, that could be another possible reason for your channels timing out.
Old 12-21-2011, 12:18 AM
OBX.2 Kenobi

Hi ISpdxdc, thanks a lot for your reply. I have not resolved the issue yet. I am using sql server too, as you are. I will try changing what you say. But I think that is a server problem not related with mirth. It's a virtual machine and we have detected that at some punctual moments, the machine cuts network during les than a second and that causes the connection lost from the channels. We are still investigating why is this network lost.
Old 12-10-2013, 03:38 AM
OBX.2 Kenobi

rodrosa is on a distinguished road

i have one problem like that, and i dont know wtf is that, cause this think happens only in channels that execute in "Pooling time (daily)"

java.sql.SQLException: No more data to read from socket Query: SELECT......... Parameters: []
at org.apache.commons.dbutils.AbstractQueryRunner.ret hrow(AbstractQueryRunner.java:320)
at org.apache.commons.dbutils.QueryRunner.query(Query Runner.java:349)
at org.apache.commons.dbutils.QueryRunner.query(Query Runner.java:210)
at com.mirth.connect.connectors.jdbc.JdbcMessageRecei ver.getMessages(JdbcMessageReceiver.java:289)
at org.mule.providers.TransactedPollingMessageReceive r$1.doInTransaction(TransactedPollingMessageReceiv er.java:91)
at org.mule.transaction.TransactionTemplate.execute(T ransactionTemplate.java:72)
at org.mule.providers.TransactedPollingMessageReceive r.poll(TransactedPollingMessageReceiver.java:104)
at org.mule.providers.PollingMessageReceiver.run(Poll ingMessageReceiver.java:76)
at org.mule.impl.work.WorkerContext.run(WorkerContext .java:290)
at edu.emory.mathcs.backport.java.util.concurrent.Thr eadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java: 1061)
at edu.emory.mathcs.backport.java.util.concurrent.Thr eadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java :575)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
Old 12-18-2013, 04:35 AM
OBX.2 Kenobi

rodrosa is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by rodrosa View Post
i have one problem like that, and i dont know wtf is that, cause this think happens only in channels that execute in "Pooling time (daily)"

java.sql.SQLException: No more data to read from socket Query: SELECT......... Parameters: []
at org.apache.commons.dbutils.AbstractQueryRunner.ret hrow(AbstractQueryRunner.java:320)
at org.apache.commons.dbutils.QueryRunner.query(Query Runner.java:349)
at org.apache.commons.dbutils.QueryRunner.query(Query Runner.java:210)
at com.mirth.connect.connectors.jdbc.JdbcMessageRecei ver.getMessages(JdbcMessageReceiver.java:289)
at org.mule.providers.TransactedPollingMessageReceive r$1.doInTransaction(TransactedPollingMessageReceiv er.java:91)
at org.mule.transaction.TransactionTemplate.execute(T ransactionTemplate.java:72)
at org.mule.providers.TransactedPollingMessageReceive r.poll(TransactedPollingMessageReceiver.java:104)
at org.mule.providers.PollingMessageReceiver.run(Poll ingMessageReceiver.java:76)
at org.mule.impl.work.WorkerContext.run(WorkerContext .java:290)
at edu.emory.mathcs.backport.java.util.concurrent.Thr eadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java: 1061)
at edu.emory.mathcs.backport.java.util.concurrent.Thr eadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java :575)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
For the record: I solved this issue by changing the DB READER default to javascript db reader, cause, for some reason, the API can't handle the connection management in this case.

Well.. if anyone have some case with this exception: try to manage the connection by using JS first.

Last edited by rodrosa; 12-19-2013 at 07:33 AM.
Old 01-07-2020, 03:20 AM
OBX.1 Kenobi

con is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by rodrosa View Post
For the record: I solved this issue by changing the DB READER default to javascript db reader, cause, for some reason, the API can't handle the connection management in this case.

Well.. if anyone have some case with this exception: try to manage the connection by using JS first.
Do you mean write a JavaScript DB Reader or use the Mirth Database Reader with a JavaScript query?

In my case a (fatal error) crash of the DB server was causing the reader error on the Mirth. But the error occurs even when the DB server was rebooted successfully. I had to redeploy the channel and everything works again. Is this behavior also caused by the API connection management of the MIRTH DB READER?

Last edited by con; 01-07-2020 at 04:25 AM.