web stats
FHIR: Request for feedback - Mirth Community

Go Back   Mirth Community > Mirth Connect > Support

Old 11-17-2014, 02:08 PM
OBX.3 Kenobi

wayneh is on a distinguished road
Default FHIR: Request for feedback

Mirth Corporation plans to support the HL7 FHIR specification. We have some great ideas in the works but seeing as how FHIR is currently still a draft standard, we'd like to get an idea of who is using it and how, as well as what the current difficulties are that we may be able to solve.

If possible, please try to include answers to any the following questions, but any feedback is greatly appreciated.

1. Is your organization already using FHIR or planning on implementing it in the future?
2. What are you using it (or planning on using it) for?
3. What difficulties are you facing in trying to implement or design a FHIR-based solution? (ie. Setting up a FHIR server, parsing resources, conformance statement woes, etc)
4. What would you like to see in a Mirth Connect FHIR solution?
Old 12-12-2014, 05:41 AM

StefanScholte is on a distinguished road

Well we are not using it (yet)
although more and more medical apps occur in which I See FHIR as a great solution.

I think we would position Mirth as a translation engine between FHIR and HL7V2 and as FHIR server

so things like oAUTH, HTTPs should be supported by mirth
A RESTApi.
also an editor for defining resources and combining them.
Old 01-19-2015, 12:24 PM
Mirth Newb

clarky is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Skype™ to clarky

1. We plan on implementing it in the future.
2. Health Record Bank (HRB)
3. We are just starting out and have not started any implementations yet. Others are saying we need to implement Blue Button Tool kit http://bluebuttontoolkit.healthit.gov/index.html
4. I'll bring it up to our team and see if they have any recommendations of what they would like to see.
Old 02-24-2015, 10:54 AM
Mirth Newb

clarkmirth is on a distinguished road

My above post was under my personal account and not our business account. If you were matching up Support accounts to response. The above answers are for this account.
Old 04-22-2015, 12:03 PM
OBX.3 Kenobi

Shamil is on a distinguished road

Among those who are going to use FHIR, could you also explain a typical scenario, is it based on FHIR REST, FHIR messaging context or document context? In each case solutions are slightly different.
Old 04-28-2015, 08:42 PM
Mirth Newb

brett.stanley is on a distinguished road

My company is looking at FHIR as a means to consume patient-entered data from a popular wellness portal and aggregate it with hospital-acquired data. The wellness portal is proposing to use FHIR via a REST call to us - I'd like to leverage Mirth Connect to act as a REST endpoint, receive the data, and either write to database tables or build a rudimentary CDA/ORU type container and consume it through one of our established integration points.
Old 04-29-2015, 07:39 AM
Mirth Employee

narupley is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by brett.stanley View Post
My company is looking at FHIR as a means to consume patient-entered data from a popular wellness portal and aggregate it with hospital-acquired data. The wellness portal is proposing to use FHIR via a REST call to us - I'd like to leverage Mirth Connect to act as a REST endpoint, receive the data, and either write to database tables or build a rudimentary CDA/ORU type container and consume it through one of our established integration points.
There will be more information about direct FHIR support in the (hopefully near) future, but for the time being, have you tried using the HTTP Listener? At its core, FHIR uses HTTP as its protocol and XML or JSON as its data format, all of which Mirth Connect supports. Especially in 3.1 with the improvements made to the HTTP connectors, it's really easy to handle a variety of requests from different context paths, etc. with destination set filtering.

Nicholas Rupley
Work: 949-237-6069
Always include what Mirth Connect version you're working with. Also include (if applicable) the code you're using and full stacktraces for errors (use CODE tags). Posting your entire channel is helpful as well; make sure to scrub any PHI/passwords first.

- How do I foo?
- You just bar.
Old 04-29-2015, 07:50 AM
Mirth Newb

brett.stanley is on a distinguished road

Yes, if we need this prior to it being available as a true content type we will just handle it as raw data over HTTP.
Old 07-06-2015, 08:16 PM
OBX.2 Kenobi

lin_xd
Default yes, more better surpport batch fhir message.

include xml or json.
Old 07-22-2015, 01:59 PM
Mirth Employee

narupley is on a distinguished road

FYI, we just released a technology preview of FHIR support within Mirth Connect! Go here for more information: http://www.mirthcorp.com/community/f...ad.php?t=15338

Nicholas Rupley
Work: 949-237-6069
Always include what Mirth Connect version you're working with. Also include (if applicable) the code you're using and full stacktraces for errors (use CODE tags). Posting your entire channel is helpful as well; make sure to scrub any PHI/passwords first.

- How do I foo?
- You just bar.