web stats
Database Reader - Select issue - Mirth Community

Go Back   Mirth Community > Mirth Connect > Support

Old 09-02-2009, 01:10 PM
OBX.3 Kenobi

ccitrano@tangible.com
Default Database Reader - Select issue

Hello,

I'm using the database reader to pull information out of the database. Oddly, the following statements results in a error as soon as the channel is deployed. The second statement, with only one item in the select list works. The error generated is below. I'm obviously missing something simple ....

This statement fails
select [gid],[message]
from [message]
where
[statusid] = 102

This statement works
select [message]
from [message]
where
[statusid] = 102

Error Message:
[2009-09-02 16:06:21,918] ERROR (org.mule.impl.DefaultComponentExceptionStrategy:9 5): Caught exception in Exception Strategy for: 7d1d3e78-2120-4ebe-a717-a56055f97ded: org.mule.umo.routing.RoutingException: Failed to transform message before applying the filter. Failed to route event via endpoint: ImmutableMuleEndpoint{connector=com.webreach.mirth .connectors.jdbc.JdbcConnector@1bf715e, endpointUri=jdbc://query, transformer=Transformer{name='ResultMapToXML', returnClass=false, returnClass=false, sourceTypes=[interface java.util.Map, class java.lang.String]}, name='_jdbcEndpoint#-1325612351', type='receiver', properties={}, transactionConfig=org.mule.impl.MuleTransactionCon fig@16f7aea, filter=null, deleteUnacceptedMessages=false, initialised=true, securityFilter=null, synchronous=true, initialState=started, createConnector=0}. Message payload is of type: org.apache.commons.dbutils.BasicRowProcessor$CaseI nsensitiveHashMap
org.mule.umo.routing.RoutingException: Failed to transform message before applying the filter. Failed to route event via endpoint: ImmutableMuleEndpoint{connector=com.webreach.mirth .connectors.jdbc.JdbcConnector@1bf715e, endpointUri=jdbc://query, transformer=Transformer{name='ResultMapToXML', returnClass=false, returnClass=false, sourceTypes=[interface java.util.Map, class java.lang.String]}, name='_jdbcEndpoint#-1325612351', type='receiver', properties={}, transactionConfig=org.mule.impl.MuleTransactionCon fig@16f7aea, filter=null, deleteUnacceptedMessages=false, initialised=true, securityFilter=null, synchronous=true, initialState=started, createConnector=0}. Message payload is of type: org.apache.commons.dbutils.BasicRowProcessor$CaseI nsensitiveHashMap
at org.mule.routing.inbound.SelectiveConsumer.isMatch (SelectiveConsumer.java:64)
at org.mule.routing.inbound.InboundMessageRouter.rout e(InboundMessageRouter.java:83)
at org.mule.providers.AbstractMessageReceiver$Default InternalMessageListener.onMessage(AbstractMessageR eceiver.java:493)
at org.mule.providers.AbstractMessageReceiver.routeMe ssage(AbstractMessageReceiver.java:272)
at org.mule.providers.AbstractMessageReceiver.routeMe ssage(AbstractMessageReceiver.java:235)
at com.webreach.mirth.connectors.jdbc.JdbcMessageRece iver.processMessage(JdbcMessageReceiver.java:168)
at org.mule.providers.TransactedPollingMessageReceive r$1.doInTransaction(TransactedPollingMessageReceiv er.java:98)
at org.mule.transaction.TransactionTemplate.execute(T ransactionTemplate.java:72)
at org.mule.providers.TransactedPollingMessageReceive r.poll(TransactedPollingMessageReceiver.java:104)
at org.mule.providers.PollingMessageReceiver.run(Poll ingMessageReceiver.java:90)
at org.mule.impl.work.WorkerContext.run(WorkerContext .java:290)
at edu.emory.mathcs.backport.java.util.concurrent.Thr eadPoolExecutor$Worker.runTask(ThreadPoolExecutor. java:650)
at edu.emory.mathcs.backport.java.util.concurrent.Thr eadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java :675)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)Caused by: org.mule.umo.transformer.TransformerException: Failed to parse result map
at com.webreach.mirth.server.mule.transformers.Result MapToXML.doTransform(ResultMapToXML.java:110)
at org.mule.transformers.AbstractTransformer.transfor m(AbstractTransformer.java:197)
at org.mule.impl.MuleEvent.getTransformedMessage(Mule Event.java:251)
at org.mule.routing.inbound.SelectiveConsumer.isMatch (SelectiveConsumer.java:61)
... 13 more
Old 09-02-2009, 02:38 PM
OBX.3 Kenobi

ccitrano@tangible.com

Additional info ... I was able to get this to work by using the following query

select
[gid],
cast([message] as varchar(5000)) as message
from [message]
where
[statusid] = 102

message is defined as a nvarchar(max). It seems that something get's wierd when one column is defined with a max length. I am able to query 2 or more columns as long as none of the columns in the select list have 'max' defined as the field length.

Thanks.
Chuck.
Old 09-02-2009, 11:10 PM
What's HL7?

arpanmakwana is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Skype™ to arpanmakwana
Smile Thank you

Thanks a lot......

It really helped me.......
Old 04-07-2011, 04:20 AM
OBX.2 Kenobi

Dagan is on a distinguished road

This is the best forum in the world!! jaja, thanks a lot, this really helped me a lot. I have been 2 days with this problem with no solution until I found this post.
Old 07-10-2012, 07:55 AM
OBX.1 Kenobi

ffowler is on a distinguished road

Four years later and this thread is still good. Thanks for sharing that tip. Worked for me.