web stats
NHIN Connector - Mirth Community

Go Back   Mirth Community > Mirth Connect > Support

Old 11-01-2011, 03:14 PM
What's HL7?

dpedrelli is on a distinguished road
Default NHIN Connector

Hi,

I was assigned to implement CMS's esMD initiative to submit medical records to CMS electronically.

I installed Mirth Connect and the NHIN Connector does not appear to be part of the installation. Is this a commercial only option?

I have PDFs stored on an NTFS filesystem and cataloged in a SQL table, with the filename and path. I do not need any querying. As the initiator, I want to perform a deferred submit of PDFs to CMS over the NHIN. There will be two confirmations of document receipt. When the confirmations are received, I want to record them in a SQL table linked to the original file.

How do I tell Mirth Connect to transmit a file? If I create a channel with a source connector type of database reader, will Connect periodically poll the table, or do I have to use Web Services to tell Connect to send the files?

I assume that I will create a second channel to handle the deferred ACKs confirming file receipt, correct?

Should I use my first channel with two destinations, one destination transmits the file, and the second destination records the transmission in my SQL table? Then, I use the second channel to record the replies to my transmission into the same table?

Thanks,

David
Old 11-02-2011, 08:25 AM
Mirth Employee

briank is on a distinguished road

David,

To answer your question regarding the NHIN connector, yes, it is a commercial only option. You would need to have the proper support contract, as well as a Mirth Appliance. For more information please feel free to contact sales:

http://www.mirthcorp.com/company/contact
Old 04-27-2017, 10:40 AM
What's HL7?

krishna patchava is on a distinguished road
Default esMD initiative to submit medical records to CMS electronically

Hi,

We need to implement Electronic Submission of Medical Documentation to CMS.

Can u provide assistance to configure connect in order to submit medical records to CMS.

Thanks,
Vamsi.