web stats
Debugging Javascript - Mirth Community

Go Back   Mirth Community > Mirth Connect > Support

Old 09-01-2011, 05:34 AM
Mirth Newb

mlizana is on a distinguished road
Default Debugging Javascript

I want to know if it can be possible to debug a Javascript on Mirth, for example on Transformer or Filter sections. I think is not implemented yet... There are any expectations for it?

And also, it can be possible to debug Javascript from the source code of Mirth? Running it from Eclipse, for example, as Debug mode. I think this is not possible too, because Javascript is stored in the channel as an XML and is not stored as code on the project...

I think that Javascript debugging would be a great feature,

Any ideas?

Thanks
Old 09-01-2011, 07:07 AM
OBX.3 Kenobi

myoung34 is on a distinguished road

the first part, mirth has a validate script button that will check syntax. This is basically a compile time check. Your javascript is not compiled until you hit deploy, and it will not trigger run-time errors until a message is processed.
There's no real way to troubleshoot the javascript in mirth without actually sending a message to check for runtime errors, which goes against what you're trying to achieve.

If you really want to test the javascript from the xml, you can always write a server side script to extract the transformers, replace the html encoded characters like ', then run it through something like a javascript validator

Last edited by myoung34; 09-01-2011 at 07:18 AM.
Old 09-01-2011, 11:23 PM
Mirth Newb

mlizana is on a distinguished road

OK, but I'm talking about debugging on real time, like an IDE (Eclipse, NetBeans) on the Javascript code. It's usually that I have to put traces on the logger, because it's the only way to know what's happening on my code.

Thanks

Tags
debug, javascript, rhino, script, xml