web stats
Why is Mirth getting stopped automatically? - Mirth Community

Go Back   Mirth Community > Mirth Connect > Support

Old 01-24-2018, 10:32 PM
What's HL7?

ashishwastaken is on a distinguished road
Exclamation Why is Mirth getting stopped automatically?

I have Mirth(not able to figure out the version) installed on a Red-hat(6.9) machine. It runs as mcservice. I have two issues:
  1. Major issue: The mirth service is stopping on its own. I start the mirth service using a user with sudo privileges, the service starts just fine but when I check the service the very next day, it shows the status as stopped. I can't find any error logs under `/opt/mirthconnect/logs/mirth.log`. I have also checked for various logs under `/var/log`, could find anything useful there either. Can you please help me find out why this is getting stopped and where to look for the issue?
  2. This second issue could be a separate thread itself but I think the above issue might be linked to what I am writing below:
    Even though there is a symbolic link for mcservice inside the `init.d` folder, mcservice status shows as stopped after a reboot. When I check the file `boot .log`, it has the clear statement as `Starting mcservice` and I don't find any error logs.
    When I check the configuration for `mcservice`, it shows:
    Code:
    `mcservice       0:off   1:off   2:on    3:on    4:on    5:on    6:off`
    Note: the run level of my machine is 3.
    There is no entry for mcservice in the file `rc.local`, but I don't know if I should do that.

Last edited by ashishwastaken; 01-29-2018 at 01:51 AM. Reason: Added more description

Tags
autostart, mcservice, mirth