web stats
Authenticate to Care360 web service - Mirth Community

Go Back   Mirth Community > Mirth Connect > Support

Old 09-17-2009, 05:45 AM
Mirth Newb

jwaldron
Send a message via Skype™ to jwaldron
Default Authenticate to Care360 web service

Can anyone help me with authenticating to the Care360 (or any) web service? I'm trying to send a request to their results service which requires authentication. I've setup a SOAP Sender destination and I've been able to connect - but I get an error "(401)Authorization Required" response. Where/how do I authenticate? When I enter the request URL into a web browser, I am asked for autentication credentials - and get authenticated for the session - but that doesn't do me much good from within Mirth. Can anyone help?

I found the following detailed part of the response error message received from Care360 in the log:

The request requires user authentication. The response MUST include a WWW-Authenticate header field (section 14.46) containing a challenge applicable to the requested resource. The client MAY repeat the request with a suitable Authorization header field (section 14.8). If the request already included Authorization credentials, then the 401 response indicates that authorization has been refused for those credentials. If the 401 response contains the same challenge as the prior response, and the user agent has already attempted authentication at least once, then the user SHOULD be presented the entity that was given in the response, since that entity MAY include relevant diagnostic information. HTTP access authentication is explained in section 11.
Old 09-23-2009, 01:13 PM
Mirth Employee

jacobb is an unknown quantity at this point

Have you tried putting the username/password in the URL? You can generally do that as http://usernameassword@hostname

Another option would be to use the HTTP Sender and add the proper header variables.

Old 01-21-2010, 10:28 AM
What's HL7?

paulnc2008 is on a distinguished road
Default SOAP Sender to care360 (Quest)

This does work well for this instance. Thank you!

PaulC
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacobb View Post
Have you tried putting the username/password in the URL? You can generally do that as http://usernameassword@hostname

Another option would be to use the HTTP Sender and add the proper header variables.

Tags
authentication, care360, security, web service