Old 11-16-2018, 06:50 AM
Mirth Newb

shaftkb
Default Mirth Administrator Issue after Upgrade from 3.4.0 to 3.6.1

Initial Setup:
Mirth Connect 3.4.0
MS SQL Database
Java 8

Performed an in-place upgrade to 3.6.1... Mirth Connect Service started properly, with no errors in the Mirth Server log. When logging into the Mirth Administrator, I received an error message "There was an error connecting to the server at the specified address. Please verify that the server is up and running". The server is up, channels deployed and processing message (('m able to view the channels and counters in the Web Dashboard). I noticed the error seems to occur when the Administrator is Loading Extensions. In addition, the Java console logged the following error:

java.lang.NullPointerException
at com.mirth.connect.client.ui.components.tag.MirthTa gField.<init>(MirthTagField.java:74)
at com.mirth.connect.client.ui.ChannelPanel.initCompo nents(ChannelPanel.java:3344)
at com.mirth.connect.client.ui.ChannelPanel.<init>(Ch annelPanel.java:202)
at com.mirth.connect.client.ui.Frame.setupFrame(Frame .java:401)
at com.mirth.connect.client.ui.Mirth.<init>(Mirth.jav a:63)
at com.mirth.connect.client.ui.LoginPanel$8.handleSuc cess(LoginPanel.java:524)
at com.mirth.connect.client.ui.LoginPanel$8.doInBackg round(LoginPanel.java:443)
at com.mirth.connect.client.ui.LoginPanel$8.doInBackg round(LoginPanel.java:414)
at javax.swing.SwingWorker$1.call(Unknown Source)
at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(Unknown Source)
at javax.swing.SwingWorker.run(Unknown Source)
at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker( Unknown Source)
at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run (Unknown Source)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
Old 11-16-2018, 06:57 AM
Mirth Employee

narupley is on a distinguished road

Are you using the new Administrator Launcher? If not, have you cleared your Java cache?

Nicholas Rupley
Work: 949-237-6069
Always include what Mirth Connect version you're working with. Also include (if applicable) the code you're using and full stacktraces for errors (use CODE tags). Posting your entire channel is helpful as well; make sure to scrub any PHI/passwords first.

- How do I foo?
- You just bar.
Old 11-16-2018, 07:37 AM
Mirth Newb

shaftkb

I've tried both the Administrator Launcher and the 3.6.1 Mirth Connect Administrator. I've cleared the Java cache, but still receive the same error.
Old 11-16-2018, 11:54 AM
Mirth Newb

shaftkb
Unhappy

Restored DB and re-installed 3.4.0.8000... Mirth Connect is back up and running.

I noticed one error in the Server Log after I tried to upgrade and logging stopped after this error. Not sure if it's related...

ERROR 2018-11-16 12:29:31,125 [Main Server Thread] com.mirth.connect.server.controllers.DefaultExtens ionController: Error instantiating plugin: Server Log
java.lang.NullPointerException
at com.mirth.connect.plugins.serverlog.ServerLogProvi der.newServerLogReceived(ServerLogProvider.java:57 )
at com.mirth.connect.plugins.serverlog.ArrayAppender. append(ArrayAppender.java:51)
at org.apache.log4j.AppenderSkeleton.doAppend(Appende rSkeleton.java:251)
at org.apache.log4j.helpers.AppenderAttachableImpl.ap pendLoopOnAppenders(AppenderAttachableImpl.java:66 )
at org.apache.log4j.Category.callAppenders(Category.j ava:206)
at org.apache.log4j.Category.forcedLog(Category.java: 391)
at org.apache.log4j.Category.debug(Category.java:260)
at com.mirth.connect.server.ExtensionLoader.getContro llerInstance(ExtensionLoader.java:134)
at com.mirth.connect.plugins.serverlog.ServerLogContr oller.getInstance(ServerLogController.java:23)
at com.mirth.connect.plugins.serverlog.ServerLogProvi der.initialize(ServerLogProvider.java:49)
at com.mirth.connect.plugins.serverlog.ServerLogProvi der.init(ServerLogProvider.java:53)
at com.mirth.connect.server.controllers.DefaultExtens ionController.initPlugins(DefaultExtensionControll er.java:272)
at com.mirth.connect.server.Mirth.startup(Mirth.java: 241)
at com.mirth.connect.server.Mirth.run(Mirth.java:153)
ERROR 2018-11-16 12:29:31,125 [Main Server Thread] Server: Exception in thread "Main Server Thread" java.lang.NullPointerException

I guess I'll need to come up with another plan to upgrade without a losing stored message data.

Last edited by shaftkb; 11-16-2018 at 12:12 PM.

Tags
3.6.1, upgrade