web stats
manager will not launch - Mirth Community

Go Back   Mirth Community > Mirth Connect > Support

Old 05-07-2014, 02:29 PM
What's HL7?

durbinjw is on a distinguished road
Default manager will not launch

I have tried installing / uninstalling both the 3.0.2 version and the previous version using both 32 bit and 64 bit installers.

I am running on Windows 8.1 Pro with Visual Studio 2012 for development of a visual basic LIMS application. I have updated to the latest version of Java.

My goal is to be able to transfer HL7 messages through a secure SOAP interface. I have a .pfx and can create a certificate from that. I have no control over that interface or its security. It should be noted however, that SoapUI testing program allows me to connect to the site and transfer the messages. SoapUI however has no production capability, and automagically finds and uses the certificate from the provider.

I am unable to connect to the provider site due to a 403 forbidden error using WCF in my own vb application or in visual studio so I am attempting to use Mirth to perform the transfer. I am hoping that Mirth can be configured to use the wsdl from the secure endpoint.

The difficulty is that the Mirth server manager will not Launch after installation. I have tried to launch it from the Windows Search screen, and also from localhost:8080 using both Chrome and Firefox.

The attached screen shots show the results.

Any help would be appreciated.

Jim
Attached Files
File Type: zip Mirth launch screenshots.zip (90.3 KB, 9 views)
Old 05-07-2014, 02:34 PM
Mirth Employee

narupley is on a distinguished road

Did you clear your Java cache?

Nicholas Rupley
Work: 949-237-6069
Always include what Mirth Connect version you're working with. Also include (if applicable) the code you're using and full stacktraces for errors (use CODE tags). Posting your entire channel is helpful as well; make sure to scrub any PHI/passwords first.

- How do I foo?
- You just bar.
Old 05-07-2014, 05:15 PM
What's HL7?

I did clear the cache. the manager is still failing to launch. the details say "com.sun.deploy.net.FailedDownloadException: Unable to load resource: http://localhost:8080/webstart/extensions/messagepruner.jnlp"

someone said always include the version number that I am running. I thought I did that. 3.0.2
Old 05-08-2014, 05:59 AM
Mirth Employee

Quote:
Originally Posted by durbinjw View Post
I did clear the cache. the manager is still failing to launch. the details say "com.sun.deploy.net.FailedDownloadException: Unable to load resource: http://localhost:8080/webstart/extensions/messagepruner.jnlp"

someone said always include the version number that I am running. I thought I did that. 3.0.2
If web start is trying to load the messagepruner.jnlp resource, that means your cache is out of date. In 3.0.2 there is no messagepruner.jnlp because it has been renamed to datapruner.jnlp. So the only possible way you could be seeing that is if you have the main JNLP already cached and it's trying to load extensions from that instead.

You need to clear your Java cache on the local machine you're trying to launch the Administrator from. If you have multiple versions of Java installed, make sure to do it for the right version (whichever one you're using to web start).

Nicholas Rupley
Always include what Mirth Connect version you're working with. Also include (if applicable) the code you're using and full stacktraces for errors (use CODE tags). Posting your entire channel is helpful as well; make sure to scrub any PHI/passwords first.

- How do I foo?
- You just bar.
Old 05-08-2014, 09:39 AM
What's HL7?

Default manager launch fails

I am running mirthconnect-3.0.2.7140.b1159-windows-x64

I uninstalled the 64 bit version and then reinstalled it. I also just downloaded and installed the latest Java.

I cleared the Java cache. I sm no longer receiving the messagepruner.jnlp error.

Now I receive the following exception.

com.sun.deploy.net.JARSigningException: Found unsigned entry in resource: http://localhost:8080/webstart/clien...Impl-2.9.1.jar

Any further suggestions?
Old 05-09-2014, 01:09 AM
OBX.3 Kenobi

gkittlaus is on a distinguished road

have you added this url too your exception site list in java?
I would also set the security level to medium
Old 05-09-2014, 07:26 AM
What's HL7?

Default manager launch fails

It does not make sense to me to set up a Java exception for the distributed installation code.

The security level is already set at medium.

Any other ideas? Right now I am beginning to think that Mirth is not compatible with Windows 8.1 Pro.
Old 05-09-2014, 07:37 AM
Mirth Employee

Where are you attempting to launch the Administrator? On the same exact machine the Mirth Connect server is running, or some other machine? On whichever machine you're launching the Administrator from, do you have multiple versions of Java installed? And when you cleared your cache, did you make sure to do it on the machine you're launching the Administrator from (not necessarily the machine running the Mirth Connect server)?

Nicholas Rupley

- How do I foo?
- You just bar.

Last edited by narupley; 05-09-2014 at 07:43 AM.
Old 05-09-2014, 07:48 AM
What's HL7?

just to follow the rules - even though I have stated this multiple times in this thread, I am using the latest 64 bit version of 3.0.2

1. yes - attempting to launch the manager from localhost:8080

2. the server is running on the same machine where I am launching from

3. Only one copy of Java is installed.

4. The cache was cleared on this machine - same machine that the server is running on, and same machine where the launch is being done.

Maybe I am fooling myself. I have access to GTM wand would be happy to show anyone who would care to take the time to see what is going on and confirm that either Mirth works on Windows 8.1 Pro, or that it is a total bust and I need to contract with MS for support for WCF.

Tags
certificate, manager launch, soap, wcf, wsdl