web stats
Row count for ack should be 1 and not 2 - Mirth Community

Go Back   Mirth Community > Mirth Connect > Support

Old 03-03-2011, 02:04 PM
Mirth Guru

GregD is on a distinguished road
Default Row count for ack should be 1 and not 2

I see this in the log occasionally, but I'm not sure if I should be worried about it. I'm not sending a custom ack message. Aside from the obvious, what is this telling me? Do I have a problem?

The channel is a LLP sender sending a 1 line CSV file with 10 fields in it.
Old 03-03-2011, 04:08 PM
Mirth Employee

jacobb is an unknown quantity at this point

You're using LLP to send CSV messages and not HL7? Could you explain the reasoning for doing that? The only place I see this warning being logged out is in the Database Reader/Writer.

Last edited by jacobb; 03-03-2011 at 04:11 PM.
Old 03-03-2011, 05:03 PM
Mirth Guru

Quote:
The only place I see this warning being logged out is in the Database Reader/Writer.
I am pulling data out of a SQL Server, but the query has 'SELECT Top 1' in it. Why would it be logging this? Is it as it reads the data or writes it?

There is a channel that reads from a SQL Server and sends me a CSV over an LLP Sender. I have an LLP Listener that receives the message. I assumed the 'ack' in the error was referring to the acknowledgment message I was sending back. Is this referring to an 'ack' that is being sent to or from SQL Server? Is there an ack being sent to or from SQL Server?

Quote:
You're using LLP to send CSV messages and not HL7? Could you explain the reasoning for doing that?
Well, I'm not sure how much detail you want, but basically I am the 'hub' in a hub and spoke system. Rather than program multiple channels at external locations to transform messages, I have them send me raw data. I receive the data, transform to HL7 and then send them on to where they need to go. It is just easier to do it that way. If it was just going from point A to point B I would transform at point A and then send it on.

Greg

Last edited by GregD; 03-03-2011 at 05:06 PM.
Old 03-04-2011, 07:54 AM
Mirth Employee

jacobb is an unknown quantity at this point

I think by ack it is talking about the on update statement in a database reader. Is this just a logger warning and not an error? These are not displayed with the default settings. I believe it will log out a warning stating how many rows your on update statement updated if it did not update just one row.

Last edited by jacobb; 03-04-2011 at 12:53 PM.
Old 03-04-2011, 10:09 AM
Mirth Guru

This is starting to make a little more sense. In the Log information window the line starts with 'WARN'.

About 3 weeks ago I wrote a trigger on a demographics db table and it has been posting changes to a temporary table. All of this time Mirth was supposed to be reading these changes as they were posted and send them to me one row at a time as a CSV file.

We had trouble getting the right people in place to establish the VPN tunnel so Mirth has been unable to send me the messages. Yesterday we got the VPN tunnel set up and Mirth had to run through the back-log of rows posted to the table. I bet there were a few multiples in there.

After Mirth reads the row it updates a bit flag from Null to 1. If there were multiple rows for the same medical record number Mirth would have only read one (SELECT TOP 1 WHERE Flag = Null) and then updated more than one.

If that is what is causing it, we should not see any more after today.

Thanks.