web stats
How rollback Mirth connect cluster - Mirth Community

Go Back   Mirth Community > Mirth Connect > Support

Old 10-27-2015, 06:22 AM
OBX.2 Kenobi

cguanes is on a distinguished road
Unhappy How rollback Mirth connect cluster

I have two appliance that was configured in Cluster (service cluster), after upgrading to connect 3.3.0 I decided to migrated to Mirth Connect Cluster, after doing that I started to have all kind of problems... cluster crashing, connection lost... messages lost, etc...

I'm trying to rollback the configuration and use the old cluster configuration, I already removed the Database replication and auto-failover, and made change on the connect configuration to point to the local database, but when I try to start the cluster service it keep showing "The service failed to start. Clustering cannot be started while Mirth Connect Clustering is installed" How do I remove the "Mirth connect cluster"???

Please help ....
Old 10-28-2015, 11:13 AM
OBX.3 Kenobi

jadams4 is on a distinguished road

Do you have snapshots prior to the upgrade? You could save your channels off and reload your snapshots and then reupload the current state of your channels. This is what we did while having trouble installing the advanced clustering.
Old 10-28-2015, 11:41 AM
OBX.2 Kenobi

Nope... we have a policy to delete any snapshot after two days... the cluster worked fine for a little time... it crashed after 56 hours running...

At this point I opened a ticket with Mirth, they are trying to figure out why it is crashing...

For those that adventure to try this new cluster be aware that it won't use the cluster VIP to connect to your destination, the new cluster configuration use each server IP when connecting, so if you destination is trusting only one IP as source you will have a big problem here... recommendation wait for better version before move on this.
Old 10-28-2015, 12:09 PM
OBX.3 Kenobi

Quote:
Originally Posted by cguanes View Post
Nope... we have a policy to delete any snapshot after two days... the cluster worked fine for a little time... it crashed after 56 hours running...

At this point I opened a ticket with Mirth, they are trying to figure out why it is crashing...

For those that adventure to try this new cluster be aware that it won't use the cluster VIP to connect to your destination, the new cluster configuration use each server IP when connecting, so if you destination is trusting only one IP as source you will have a big problem here... recommendation wait for better version before move on this.
From my experience, I do not think this add-on is production ready either, at least for our current setup. We have had multiple problems trying to configure it to our environment. We also had troubles with this VIP.
Old 10-28-2015, 12:21 PM
OBX.2 Kenobi

They released as production release...
Anyway, here the process that worked for to roll-back

This worked for me, it may not work you... take it as it, and when you have not other option...

1) uninstall the "Basic Clustering" plugin, on Mirth Connect, under Extensions on each one of the servers
2) Stop the Mirth Connect on the Mirth Dashboard web, applications, STOP
3) stop the failover (remove) (in all servers)
4) stop/remove the replication database (in all servers)
5) on the dashboard, application, connect manager, mirth connect setting, change back the database URL to point to original server
6) restart the servers...
7) check if the Mirth connect started (On my didn't start the first time)
8) start the mirth connect on all servers
9) start the cluster services

I got my old cluster configuration running...

I'm still seeing an error on booting time at the console about mirth connect cluster but I didn't care anymore as longer I have it running.
Old 10-28-2015, 12:22 PM
OBX.3 Kenobi

how did you determine this?
"the new cluster configuration use each server IP when connecting, so if you destination is trusting only one IP as source "
Old 10-28-2015, 12:26 PM
OBX.2 Kenobi

because we do have another company receiving SIU hl7 from us and they do have an specific ip set to trust as source...

They called us that nothing was coming to them, on the troubleshooting I asked to try another ip (primary server ip) and they started to receive all messages...
Old 10-28-2015, 12:30 PM
OBX.3 Kenobi

Thank you.
Old 10-28-2015, 12:52 PM
OBX.2 Kenobi

I would like to share this too because I cannot believe what I read....
this come from the mirth support when I asked for how long the old cluster will be there.

"In any case, I spoke to the support manager who updated me that the old clustering will NOT be deprecated. We have found that the newer clustering is not suitable for all clients. "

They made me to feel too special, really? :-(

My mirth connect cluster was crashing after losing the heartbeat and they don't know why..

I'm glad that I could do roll-back.
Old 10-29-2015, 05:21 AM
Mirth Guru

kirbykn2 is on a distinguished road
Default Issues with advanced clustering

Thanks for the post cguanes! We have also had multiple issues installing, configuring, and using the advanced clustering plug-in.

We have had an IP routing issue in out test environment since installing advanced clustering. The ticket has been opened for three weeks with no solution. I believe the VIP routing issue you are describing maybe related to what we are seeing.

After reading your post I verified that the outgoing VIP is no longer working as expected. Mirth is not presenting the Cluster VIP address as the source IP.

I've wasted numerous hours troubleshooting this issue with Mirth support.

This is basic functionality. It's unfortunate this was released as production ready.

It is our understanding that the old clustering is being deprecated and we need to move to the advanced clustering plug-in. If this is not the case, I would expect Mirth to notify there customers. We will need to redesign our environment strategy.

Mirth Certified|Epic Bridges Certified|Cloverleaf Level 2 Certified

Appliance Version 3.11.2
Mirth Connect Version 3.6.1
Java Version 1.6.0_45-b06
Java (64 bit) Version 1.6.0_45-b06
Java 7 (64 bit) Version 1.7.0_151-b15
Java 8 (64 bit) Version 1.8.0_121-b13
PostgreSQL Version 9.6.3