web stats
Improve support forum - Mirth Community

Go Back   Mirth Community > Mirth Connect > Support

Old 04-02-2008, 11:36 AM
What's HL7?

pgomez
Default Improve support forum

Hi,

I don`t know if I have to put this thread here.

I think that Mirth forum and Support forum are very useful tools for developers and users. When I have some question or problem, first of all I try to find some thread resolved.

So, It will be fantastic to sort or find only questions or threads that would be resolved. I suppose that the owner thread could mark that thread as "resolved", and the thread will be "resolved" or "closed".

What do you think about?

Thank you very much for your great work.
Old 04-02-2008, 07:41 PM
Mirth Newb

balanscott
Default Re:Improve support forum

I have never gotten an answer to a question in any forum posting.

I would just like to see people resond to viable questions, ask for more details or somewhat. Heck, even tell me I did not provide enough information.

I have a very large company that is doing PHR based applications that is considering this technology; however, they are reluctant to spend any money on support due to lack of forum coverage.
Old 04-03-2008, 04:35 AM
Mirth Guru

jbartels is on a distinguished road

balanscott wrote:
Quote:

I would just like to see people resond to viable questions, ask for more details or somewhat. Heck, even tell me I did not provide enough information.

I have a very large company that is doing PHR based applications that is considering this technology; however, they are reluctant to spend any money on support due to lack of forum coverage.
It's frustrating, I've been there myself. Mirth is a relatively new product entering into an ancient industry, medical IT is at least 5 years behind the rest of the world if not 10. The community isn't big enough yet to have that critical mass where every thread gets a response or where the problems one person is solving are related to the problems someone else already solved.

Mirth, though a lot better than most of the legacy crap it can replace, is still complicated and to properly answer a question it takes time. My employer is very good about letting its developers get out in the community, but I'd get reamed for taking any more than 5 minutes to answer a question.

I've found that even when I don't get an answer it helps to keep posting as I work through the issue. At least then it leaves a trail so the Mirth team can add a new feature or someone can find it in a search. It also helps to solve the problem if I can talk through it.

Zen is hiring!!!!
http://consultzen.com/careers/
Talented healthcare IT professionals wanted. Engineers to sales to management.
Good benefits, great working environment, genuinely interesting work.
Old 04-04-2008, 01:06 AM
Mirth Guru

ricber

Hi all,

about this thread I don't agree with balanscott. I exposed a lot of errors, doubts, problems in this forum and a lot of people help me in a relatively short time. Many questions keep unanswered, true, but my feeling id good.

Mirth forum should be used if you can't resolve the issue, and you can't wait inmediate or perfect answer. People helps you freely, if I can help you I'll do it, but I have my life and my job and sometimes there is not enough time for all!.

For Mirth team: keep working! is a great product!.

Thank you all!

Ricard Bernat
Old 04-04-2008, 01:06 AM
Mirth Guru

ricber

Hi all,

about this thread I don't agree with balanscott. I exposed a lot of errors, doubts, problems in this forum and a lot of people help me in a relatively short time. Many questions keep unanswered, true, but my feeling id good.

Mirth forum should be used if you can't resolve the issue, and you can't wait inmediate or perfect answer. People helps you freely, if I can help you I'll do it, but I have my life and my job and sometimes there is not enough time for all!.

For Mirth team: keep working! is a great product!.

Thank you all!

Ricard Bernat
Old 03-02-2016, 09:25 AM
OBX.3 Kenobi

jadams4 is on a distinguished road

Is it still a possibility to add the functionality to "resolve" forum issues?

Another improvement I think would be beneficial is the ability to post direct pictures in a message instead of uploading/attaching.
Old 03-02-2016, 12:57 PM

jackwhaines is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Skype™ to jackwhaines

+1 to both of those features.

-= Jack Haines : Founder/CEO of Healthcare Integrations, LLC
-= jack.haines@HealthcareIntegrations.com
-= Mirth Connect (Advanced)-certified
-= Gold member of HL7.org
-= Available for Mirth Connect channel development and consultation! Schedule a FREE call with me at https://calendly.com/jackhaines
Old 03-21-2016, 12:45 PM
OBX.3 Kenobi

jadams4 is on a distinguished road

Bump. Any mirth employee feedback?
Old 03-22-2016, 05:39 AM
Mirth Guru

kirbykn2 is on a distinguished road
Default More suggestions

There is a lot of good information on the forum, unfortunately its not organized and can be difficult to search.

Here are more suggestions for improvements.

http://www.mirthcorp.com/community/f...d.php?t=215519

Also, maybe the forum could be combined with the Mirth JIRA site. That way when an issue is identified in the forum Mirth could easily promote it to a JIRA issue. This would also consolidate the information in one place.

Currently we have Mirth JIRA, Mirth Forum, Mirth Manuals, Mirth Wiki, the user API, etc.. These are all places that contain information we may need when developing interfaces. It would be great to be able to go to one place to search for the information you need!

Kirby

Mirth Certified|Epic Bridges Certified|Cloverleaf Level 2 Certified

Appliance Version 3.11.4
Mirth Connect Version 3.8.0
Java Version 1.6.0_45-b06
Java (64 bit) Version 1.6.0_45-b06
Java 7 (64 bit) Version 1.7.0_151-b15
Java 8 (64 bit) Version 1.8.0_181-b13
PostgreSQL Version 9.6.8
Old 03-22-2016, 06:32 AM
OBX.1 Kenobi

rigved is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by balanscott View Post

I am not a mirth employee so I could be wrong here.

My understanding is that you are able to buy support packages from mirth whereby the support is handled outside of the forums and you interact directly with the mirth support team which is better managed since you pay for it.

Some of my questions have been answered and some have not. I don't think any one individual here is entitled to get support, although most of them do get it, for an amazing tool which is free to use. I think the forum has does an excellent job over the years to support hundreds if not thousands of individuals. Sorry it didn't work out for you. We were a new company and we saw the potential, used this tool and realized it's benefits.

Having said that, the original question in this post is still good and I think we should consider that.