web stats
java.lang.IllegalStateException: Connection is still allocated - Mirth Community

Go Back   Mirth Community > Mirth Connect > Support

Old 01-02-2017, 03:20 AM
What's HL7?

MirthRad is on a distinguished road
Default java.lang.IllegalStateException: Connection is still allocated

Hi All,

Currently i am working on a channel where i have 2 destination

1. First Destination invoke a web service call and fetch some information
2. The information from the first destination is used and a second web service is invoked.

Now this works smoothly but once it process 1000 + records i start facing the issue java.lang.IllegalStateException: Connection is still allocated. Not able to proceed further.

So 1 destination process successfully second destination fails but when i hit the second destination's web service from outside of mirth it work. Mirth fails to invoke the webservice.

I noticed one finding whenever there is error in the processing the errrored id stays in processing state is this how it is?

Regards
Old 03-21-2017, 05:09 AM
OBX.2 Kenobi

rdejournett is on a distinguished road

I also encountered this with some speed testing. Same scenario, two channels, one is a REST call that retreives a huge list of patients. The first channel sends each patient one by one to the second channel, which performs a REST call and gets more info about the patient. Basically the error is saying there already is a connection, you are attempting to process messages faster than Mirth can tear down and re-establish the interface (i think). It looks like the error is from the Mirth side. If you enable message queuing on error it will retry the message and that solves the problem.
Old 03-21-2017, 06:07 AM
Mirth Employee

narupley is on a distinguished road

If you're using multiple processing threads in 3.4 with the HTTP Sender, that is a known issue that should be fixed in 3.4.2: MIRTH-4006

Otherwise, you may be running into the more generic HTTP Sender issue, which also should have been fixed for 3.4.2: MIRTH-4051

Nicholas Rupley
Work: 949-237-6069
Always include what Mirth Connect version you're working with. Also include (if applicable) the code you're using and full stacktraces for errors (use CODE tags). Posting your entire channel is helpful as well; make sure to scrub any PHI/passwords first.

- How do I foo?
- You just bar.

Tags
illegalstateexception