web stats
MirthConnect Processing speed - Mirth Community

Go Back   Mirth Community > Mirth Connect > Support

Old 05-17-2018, 02:55 AM
What's HL7?

dfranc is on a distinguished road
Default MirthConnect Processing speed

I am currently working on data migration in MySQL 5.5 using mirthconnect 3.4. It is required of me to process over 2.5 million records within 1 week. Currently, my mirthconnect is able to process 61,000 unique records over 39hours.

Could you please assist me on how to configure mirth settings to improve on my processing time to at least 200,000 records per 24hours?

my server details:
CPU - 8 cores.
RAM - 32 GB
Hard disk - 400GB
Old 05-17-2018, 07:26 AM
Mirth Employee

narupley is on a distinguished road

It's impossible to give good advice to a vague question like this without a lot more information. How is your channel implemented? What source connector, destination connectors, scripts, filters, transformers, etc.? Where is the most time being taken up, in other words where is the bottleneck? Have you looked at the date columns in the message browser to corroborate that?

By default a single channel only processes a single message through its main message processing thread at once. However on the Source settings you can increase the Max Processing Threads to allow multiple messages to process simultaneously, with the tradeoff that message order isn't necessarily preserved.

Similarly, if you have queuing enabled on the destination side, you can increase the number of queue threads used to increase throughput of that queue. If order still needs to be preserved, you can meet that requirement by using the Thread Assignment Variable.

Nicholas Rupley
Work: 949-237-6069
Always include what Mirth Connect version you're working with. Also include (if applicable) the code you're using and full stacktraces for errors (use CODE tags). Posting your entire channel is helpful as well; make sure to scrub any PHI/passwords first.

- How do I foo?
- You just bar.