web stats
logging in to mirth connect administrator - Page 2 - Mirth Community

Go Back   Mirth Community > Mirth Connect > Support

Old 03-20-2020, 02:13 PM
Mirth Guru

agermano is on a distinguished road

This is a very confusing thread to follow.

What version of Mirth is the server running?
What version of Java is the server running?

What is the OS of the machine where you are running the Administrator?
Are you launching it from the jnlp file served by the server (it sounds like, yes) or using the Administrator Launcher?
If not using the Administrator Launcher, what java version is installed on the client?

Odo is asking you to enable the java console on the client side to see what error is causing the message in your screenshot.

There are no other services that need to be running besides mcservice. Mirth doesn't use apache. It uses an integrated Jetty server.

Any server side errors would show up in the mirth.log file in the logs directory of your mirth install (unless it was changed from the default location.) I'm not sure if client authentication errors of this kind would typically show up in those logs or not.

If you aren't using the Administrator Launcher, you may want to try that before you spend a lot of time troubleshooting. It's a separate download and install for the client machine. It comes with a bundled Oracle Java 8 that works with most mirth versions instead of using your system default java.
Old 03-23-2020, 07:03 AM
Mirth Newb

cmswest is on a distinguished road

thanks, except unable to find ControlPanel script or executable anywhere on the system.

just saw next post on 2nd page, sorry but this forum is a little tricky to navigate

am able to login to dashboard
Screenshot from 2020-03-23 11-09-58.png

not able to login to mirth connect admin that iced tea webstart opens and displays previously posted image of login gui

Screenshot from 2020-03-23 11-09-49.png

Last edited by cmswest; 03-23-2020 at 07:15 AM.
Old 03-23-2020, 01:22 PM
Mirth Newb

hi, thank you for explaining that it was the java client. Was able to login with a client running oracle Java 8. I should probably find out why icedtea web isn't able to load it for freedom lovers.
Old 03-23-2020, 03:05 PM
Mirth Guru

agermano is on a distinguished road

You're likely missing javafx libraries. They were included with the oracle jre, but not openjdk. They're open now and available separately. Not sure what other problems you may still have if you remedy that. Mirth never really supported openjdk on the client side, and the admin launcher (not open) was released before openjdk support was announced on the server side. Maybe try Amazon Corretto? I've heard good things. I think it may bundle javafx and other potential missing libraries for you.

If you are running the client on Linux, the main font used by Mirth is Tahoma, which isn't free. My laptop used to dual boot Windows 7 and Ubuntu, and I copied the file from the Windows side to the Linux side. Without the right font, a lot of text gets cut off and many GUI elements aren't resizable.

You don't have to worry about it on a Mac, as Apple licenses the font from Microsoft. There is supposedly a Tahoma replacement in the Wine project, but I've never tried it before.

I've also never used this before https://openwebstart.com/, but you may want to give it a try if you're trying to stay all open source.
Old 03-24-2020, 05:06 AM
Mirth Newb

thank you for all of the additional information, will continue trying to get it to run on linux with openjdk or corretto

interesting tidbits on the tahoma font too and thanks for the link to openwebstart