web stats
How rollback Mirth connect cluster - Page 3 - Mirth Community

Go Back   Mirth Community > Mirth Connect > Support

Old 02-09-2016, 07:05 AM
Mirth Employee

brentm is on a distinguished road

Code:
We are currently using the active/passive mode. We are not using "Override Local Binding".
If you are using TCP Senders, enter the cluster's VIP into the Override Local Binding setting and this will cause your outbound traffic to come from the cluster VIP.

Code:
Perhaps you can review these support tickets
This is a public forum, so I can't discuss support tickets here. I recommend you try setting up a cluster on test boxes. If you run into any issues, contact Mirth Support and please provide as much details as possible about what happened, when it happened and what you steps you did immediately before the problem occurred. This will help us track down the problem more easily.
Old 02-09-2016, 07:21 AM
Mirth Guru

kirbykn2 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
If you are using TCP Senders, enter the cluster's VIP into the Override Local Binding setting and this will cause your outbound traffic to come from the cluster VIP.
We don't have any issues with this with our active/passive cluster. Are you saying that with Advanced Clustering if we make this change to the Override Local Binding setting this will resolve the issue with Mirth sending from the incorrect IP?

If you are talking about setting up Advanced Clustering, we will not be doing that until I am certain that all of the issues are addressed. Unfortunately we wasted countless hours trying to get Advanced Clustering working.

Quote:
This is a public forum, so I can't discuss support tickets here.
You can call me or email me directly. My information is in the ticket.

Thanks for you help.

Mirth Certified|Epic Bridges Certified|Cloverleaf Level 2 Certified

Appliance Version 3.11.2
Mirth Connect Version 3.6.1
Java Version 1.6.0_45-b06
Java (64 bit) Version 1.6.0_45-b06
Java 7 (64 bit) Version 1.7.0_151-b15
Java 8 (64 bit) Version 1.8.0_121-b13
PostgreSQL Version 9.6.3
Old 02-09-2016, 07:26 AM
Mirth Employee

brentm is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Are you saying that with Advanced Clustering if we make this change to the Override Local Binding setting this will resolve the issue with Mirth sending from the incorrect IP?
Yes, the Override Local Binding option basically tells the TCP sender to send from the IP that you enter there.
Old 08-21-2017, 06:49 AM
OBX.1 Kenobi

ehaberman is on a distinguished road

Has anyone tried using the advanced clustering plugin without an appliance? I am trying to create a clustered pair (master/slave) of two instances of Mirth Connect installed in AWS EC2 since appliances are not officially supported by Mirth Corp.

So far, I have two EC2 instances running in Windows (for simplicity in managing files). Mirth Connect 3.4.2 is installed on each instance, each is connected to a SQL Server backend DB replacing Derby, and this DB is running in Amazon RDS. Each instance works fine on its own.

When the advanced clustering plugin is installed in Extensions and all reboots and cache flushes are complete, login is stuck on "Loading extensions..."
Old 08-21-2017, 09:28 AM
OBX.1 Kenobi

ehaberman is on a distinguished road

Figured out my issue. Initially the second instance was pointing to the HA database on initial startup, so it took on the same server id GUID as the primary. Works like a charm now.
Attached Images
File Type: png mirth_ha.PNG (4.1 KB, 10 views)