web stats
Sending unsolicited messages to a client through a TCP Listener - Mirth Community

Go Back   Mirth Community > Mirth Connect > Support

Old 11-20-2013, 08:32 AM
Mirth Newb

mmaund
Question Sending unsolicited messages to a client through a TCP Listener

Hello,

We have a International customer that has an LIS system they believe (either due to technical limits or IT Policy) needs to be the TCP Client that establishes connections to our Data Manager. I know Mirth can be a TCP Listener but this configuration is typically used if the LIS has data it needs to send (aka ADT Feed).

This customor is requesting that their LIS initiate the TCP connection to Mirth but Mirth will be the source of the information that needs to be sent to the LIS over this channel.

My question is, if Mirth is the TCP Listener, how do we send HL7 messages (ORU) to the LIS through this Listener channel? (We can stick with the newest Mirth v3.0.0.6931 since I know it has a few more features at our disposal.) Would this require a trick using two channels and the response message?

Here is the proposed workflow between a data manager/Mirth (DM) and an LIS.
1. LIS initiates a TCP connection to Mirth Connect on an IP/Port. I don't believe the LIS sends any request message other than the low-level TCP connection request.
2. When the DM has data to send, it needs to send it to the LIS.
NOTE: it is usually the case at this point that Mirth would be the sender (not the listener).

I am having trouble understanding how to make this work where Mirth is the Message client but is the TCP Listener.

I hope this makes sense. I usually convince the LIS vendor that they need to be the TCP Server so Mirth can initiate connections when it has data to send.

Thank you much.

Mark
Old 11-20-2013, 10:21 AM
Mirth Employee

narupley is on a distinguished road

We don't support that yet, but there's an open ticket for it: MIRTH-2446

Feel free to vote/comment on it.

Nicholas Rupley
Work: 949-237-6069
Always include what Mirth Connect version you're working with. Also include (if applicable) the code you're using and full stacktraces for errors (use CODE tags). Posting your entire channel is helpful as well; make sure to scrub any PHI/passwords first.

- How do I foo?
- You just bar.

Tags
client, listener, mode, server, tcp