web stats
Error: Unable to establish loopback connection. - Mirth Community

Go Back   Mirth Community > Mirth Connect > Support

Old 08-11-2015, 01:03 AM
Mirth Newb

PaulLancaster is on a distinguished road
Default Error: Unable to establish loopback connection.

Hi all,

Occasionally I get this error in Javascript when connecting to an SQL 2012 clustered server:

Wrapped com.microsoft.sqlserver.jdbc.SQLServerException: The TCP/IP connection to the host <server cluster name>, port 1433 has failed. Error: "Unable to establish loopback connection. Verify the connection properties. Make sure that an instance of SQL Server is running on the host and accepting TCP/IP connections at the port. Make sure that TCP connections to the port are not blocked by a firewall.".

The line that it errors on is simply:

var dbConn = DatabaseConnectionFactory.createDatabaseConnection (driver, address);

driver is com.microsoft.sqlserver.jdbc.SQLServerDriver
address is jdbc:sqlserver://<server cluster name>;databaseName=<database>;MultiSubnetFailover= true;selectMethod=cursor;user=<username>;password= <password>;

I've found all sorts about Firewall rules and SQL Client Connection settings but what perplexes me about those is that if they were at fault, surely the error would be more than intermittent?

The end result of the error is to - most times - crash the server (for want of a better description); Administrator won't close/open and the mcservice won't shut down. The only way to fix the problem is to restart the server itself.

Does anyone have even an inkling of an idea?

Thanks,
Paul
Old 08-11-2015, 11:07 PM
OBX.2 Kenobi

flyerman is on a distinguished road

just sharing the code used in my system for MSSQL 2008 are

// MYSQL Database Configuration
//var dbConn = DatabaseConnectionFactory.createDatabaseConnection ('com.mysql.jdbc.Driver','jdbc:mysql://123.4.5.678:9999/Prodb',' userName ' ,'passWord');

// MSSQL Database Configuration
var dbConn = DatabaseConnectionFactory.createDatabaseConnection ('net.sourceforge.jtds.jdbc.Driver','jdbc:jtds:sql server://123.4.5.678:9999/Prodb','userName','passWord');