web stats
ReferenceError: Function can not be used as the left-hand side of assignment or as a - Mirth Community

Go Back   Mirth Community > Mirth Connect > Support

Old 06-26-2017, 03:48 PM
Mirth Newb

justinjoseph is on a distinguished road
Default ReferenceError: Function can not be used as the left-hand side of assignment or as a

I am really new to Mirth, but I am trying to learn it. I did some tutorials.

I setup a channel and a source and destination, and under the source I am trying to add a transformer that is a simple message builder. I drag from the message tree the field placement I want to look in to the message segment, and then I drag the field I want it to go to in the mapper and save, redeploy all and then go drop the file into the folder I am processing source from.

I would assume this is one the simplest things I can do in the program and it still is not working. Does anyone know why I am having this problem? or know of a really good tutorial online that would teach me the basics of moving fields around in an hl7 message, and adjusting values based on mappings etc?

Thanks!

Transformer error
ERROR MESSAGE: Error evaluating transformer
com.mirth.connect.server.MirthJavascriptTransforme rException:
CHANNEL: SIU Dentrix
CONNECTOR: sourceConnector
SCRIPT SOURCE: TRANSFORMER
SOURCE CODE:
52: msg = new XML(connectorMessage.getTransformedData());
53: if (msg.namespace('') != undefined) { default xml namespace = msg.namespace(''); } else { default xml namespace = ''; }
54: function doFilter() { phase[0] = 'filter'; return true; }function doTransform() { phase[0] = 'transformer'; logger = Packages.org.apache.log4j.Logger.getLogger(phase[0]);
55:
56:
57: msg['FT1']['FT1.20'].toString() = validate(msg['FT1']['FT1.21'].toString(), '', new Array());
58: if ('xml' === typeof msg) {
59: if (msg.hasSimpleContent()) {
60: msg = msg.toXMLString();
61: }
LINE NUMBER: 57
DETAILS: ReferenceError: Function can not be used as the left-hand side of assignment or as an operand of ++ or -- operator.
at 1309ccc6-21c6-4d84-a3ec-77109c969b19:57 (doTransform)
at 1309ccc6-21c6-4d84-a3ec-77109c969b19:79 (doScript)
at 1309ccc6-21c6-4d84-a3ec-77109c969b19:81
at com.mirth.connect.server.transformers.JavaScriptFi lterTransformer$FilterTransformerTask.doCall(JavaS criptFilterTransformer.java:154)
at com.mirth.connect.server.transformers.JavaScriptFi lterTransformer$FilterTransformerTask.doCall(JavaS criptFilterTransformer.java:119)
at com.mirth.connect.server.util.javascript.JavaScrip tTask.call(JavaScriptTask.java:113)
at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(Unknown Source)
at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker( Unknown Source)
at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run (Unknown Source)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
Old 06-27-2017, 07:12 AM
Mirth Employee

narupley is on a distinguished road

In your Message Segment field, don't use ".toString()". When dragging over from the inbound message tree, you can hold the Alt key so that the toString() isn't included.

Nicholas Rupley
Work: 949-237-6069
Always include what Mirth Connect version you're working with. Also include (if applicable) the code you're using and full stacktraces for errors (use CODE tags). Posting your entire channel is helpful as well; make sure to scrub any PHI/passwords first.

- How do I foo?
- You just bar.