web stats
Mirth to Mirth 3.7 TCP connection causing random number .dat files file writer. - Mirth Community

Go Back   Mirth Community > Mirth Connect > Support

Old 03-06-2019, 07:59 AM
What's HL7?

PCman911 is on a distinguished road
Default Mirth to Mirth 3.7 TCP connection causing random number .dat files file writer.

First of all thanks to everyone who views this and responds.
I am new to the Mirth Community, but not necessarily new to Mirth Connect.
I have been creating HL7 in and out channels for over a year now.
I have also created HL7 file reader and TCP connections.

My situation:
I have a Mirth connect 3.7 machine at a remote site connected through site to site vpn to a Mirth connect 3.7 at my site (main location).
I am trying to read files dropped into a directory on the remote machine, send them over a TCP connection to the main site, and write those files to a directory on the machine at the main location.
The file types could be Excel (xls), Documents (doc, rtf), PDF, and some postscript print files.
On the remote machine I was able to create a single channel that could read (file reader) from those files from C:\test (source) and write (file writer) those files to C:\test2 (destination) and everything worked great.
On the local machine I did the same and created a single channel that could read the same type of files from C:\test (source) and write those files to C:\test2 (destination).

Now I cloned the channel on the remote machine and instead of using file writer for the destination, I am using TCP Sender (basic TCP not MLLP) to send the files to the local machine. The source is still file reader from directory.
I cloned the channel on the local machine and instead of using file reader for the source, I am using TCP Listener (basic TCP) to receive the files. The destination is still file writer to directory.

I am using binary and not text. I have * for the Filename Filter Pattern on the File Reader. I have ${originalFilename} in the file name field on the destination File Writer.

Under template for both the reader and writer I have tried ${rawFile}, tried ${message.rawData}, tried ${message.encodedData}, tried ${originalFilename} with no luck.

When I used file reader and file writer I could take example.pdf and example.doc and get them from one directory to another just fine.
When I use the TCP sender and receiver the file sends from the remote machine, and is received at the local machine over VPN, but the file written to the directory has a name of numbers.dat (ie. 1551839902564.dat).
If I rename the file back to example.pdf or example.doc that it was (using file size comparison) then I can open them correctly.

So the files are getting transferred, just the name of the files are not.
I found a few threads and on google posts about the .dat files being part of a transform, but I can not find these settings and not trying to change anything.
Maybe I am over complicating this and should just use SFTP program to move the files.

I am attempting to attach zip files of the 2 channels, the reader/sender and receiver/writer.
Attached Files
File Type: zip Test Read Write TCP.zip (2.5 KB, 0 views)
File Type: zip Test TCP Write Files.zip (2.2 KB, 0 views)

Tags
dat file extention, file reader, file transfer, file writer, tcp