web stats
passing a variable between 2 channels - Mirth Community

Go Back   Mirth Community > Mirth Connect > Support

Old 05-24-2019, 09:35 AM
What's HL7?

vralii is on a distinguished road
Default passing a variable between 2 channels

I have a for loop in channel 1 calling channel 2 (http post/response) using router. routeMessageByChannelId for each record in the for loop. Each time it returns back to channel 1, I want a variable from channel 2 to be available to channel 1 but itís not.

Whatís the appropriate way to pass variable from channel 2 to channel 1? Is it this way:
1. In channel 2: globalChannelMap.put(<key>, <value>);
2. In channel 1: globalChannelMap.get(<key>);
NOTE: I also tried channelMap instead of globalChannelMap

I checked after running both channels and donít see the variable Iím hoping for in channel 1, but I see it in channel 2. I also donít see the variable in channel 1 during development.

Thanks for any help.
Ray
Old 05-29-2019, 06:20 AM
OBX.3 Kenobi

obsessio is on a distinguished road

Channel Map is isolated to the current message as it procewsses through channel. If you store connector map variable in the source connector, you will gave access to that in all subsequent destinations.

Global channel map is isolated to a spesific channel, but accross multiple messages. You can store a value during a message processing lifecycle and it will be available during the lifecycle of the next message.

You should use Globa Map, this map will be accessible throughout the entire server, across all channels and all messages. That means you can store a value during message processing in opne channel and use that value from a different channel.