web stats
How to send message on tcp listener - Mirth Community

Go Back   Mirth Community > Mirth Connect > Support

Old 09-11-2018, 12:49 AM
What's HL7?

Developer100 is on a distinguished road
Default How to send message on tcp listener

Hi All,

I would like to know if it is possible to send messages on a channel with a source of type tcp listener in client mode that maintains an open connection.

I explain in detail the problem I have. I am working with a patient monitor that uses the hl7 2.3 protocol. To send data, the monitor acts as a server and needs a client to connect to it via the tcp protocol and keep the connection open. On this communication channel the monitor constantly sends data on a regular basis. This monitor also accepts QRY messages but these messages must be sent on the already open connection. I need to know if it is possible via mirth to send these messages on the open connection.

I have attached the configurations I'm using. These configurations work perfectly as far as opening the connection and receiving data but I have no idea how to send a message on this connection.

Thanks for your help.
Attached Images
File Type: png tcpListener.PNG (27.0 KB, 5 views)
Old 09-11-2018, 08:21 AM
Mirth Guru

agermano is on a distinguished road

Does the monitor only accept a single incoming connection? If not you could open a second connection in another channel with a TCP Sender to send your QRY messages.

The TCP Listener can only respond to incoming messages.

It would be quite a hack, but I suppose if there are no other options, perhaps you could queue up your QRY messages in the globalChannelMap, and then the next time you receive a message, tack them on to the end of the response.

Your channel would then need to handle the normal incoming messages, the QRY messages you want to queue, and the responses to the QRY message.