web stats
[Mirth 3.0.1] Destination not deployed or disabled - Mirth Community

Go Back   Mirth Community > Mirth Connect > Support

Old 11-18-2014, 02:56 AM
Mirth Newb

grodriguez is on a distinguished road
Default [Mirth 3.0.1] Destination not deployed or disabled

Hi all,

sorry, i did not find anything related to my problem in the forums, it's a bit odd. Actually it's probably my bad ... but maybe you guys can point me out to what i am doing wrong.

The thing is, we have a Channel that receives ADT messages via MLLP and has a number of Javascript destinations that take care of every type of message. For example, we use a destination for A01-A04, another destination for A02-A06-A07, yet another for A03, etc. These Javascript destinations connect to our actual system via a custom client that is deployed on custom-lib. The destinations are configured to retry 60 times every 10 minutes, so that temporary connection problems are automagically solved. And the destinations use some functions as well, to parse beds, rooms, dates, etc. We are using Mirth Connect 3.0.1 by the way.

Well, the problem is that we installed in the production server a new version of the channel but forgot to install some new functions, and deployed the channel. Upon the reception of the first message (an A02) the Javascript failed, we noticed the missing functions, imported them and re-deployed. The failing A02 was processed and the flow continued apparently normally. But later on we noticed that no admission message was being processed. We checked the Dashboard and the A01-A04 destination was not even displayed, like it was disabled or not deployed or something. We checked the channel itself and it was enabled. We re-deployed the channel and it was there again. I thought it might have been somehow automatically disabled due to the failing message, but that would be funny since the error had actually been produced on a different destination (A02). So as a summary: after a Javascript syntax error and re-deploy that fixed it, one destination that had nothing to do with the error had been disabled/not deployed, although in the config view it looked fine, and it was finally fixed by simply re-deplyoing the same channel again. No warnings or further errors were displayed on the log files. This had never happened to us in different environments, not even in local-debug time where more errors occur.

I know the question is fuzzy and weird, but i would like to know if anyone ever met such an issue and has a clue about it.

Thanks very much!

Best regards,
Gustavo
Old 11-18-2014, 08:01 AM
Mirth Employee

narupley is on a distinguished road

That is most likely because of MIRTH-3439, which was fixed in 3.1.

Nicholas Rupley
Work: 949-237-6069
Always include what Mirth Connect version you're working with. Also include (if applicable) the code you're using and full stacktraces for errors (use CODE tags). Posting your entire channel is helpful as well; make sure to scrub any PHI/passwords first.

- How do I foo?
- You just bar.
Old 11-18-2014, 08:14 AM
Mirth Newb

grodriguez is on a distinguished road

Looks like it could be, indeed ... we shall try to upgrade whenever possible then, thx very much!
Old 11-18-2014, 08:15 AM
Mirth Employee

narupley is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by grodriguez View Post
Looks like it could be, indeed ... we shall try to upgrade whenever possible then, thx very much!
The workaround in the meantime is to make sure to deploy the channel when there are no unfinished (gray/italic) messages.

Nicholas Rupley
Work: 949-237-6069
Always include what Mirth Connect version you're working with. Also include (if applicable) the code you're using and full stacktraces for errors (use CODE tags). Posting your entire channel is helpful as well; make sure to scrub any PHI/passwords first.

- How do I foo?
- You just bar.

Tags
deploy, destination, disabled